Brett Favre Dirty Play

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by drjekyllus, Sep 1, 2009.

1. They wear so much padding.They should be stacked on the Supermarket shelves with the eggs.

#11     Sep 1, 2009
  2. They also keep getting bigger, faster and stronger. The pads help, but it's still not to hard to ring a guys bell with a head shot, or blow a guys knee out. I forget who it was on the Pack on an interception a few years ago, but he was a lineman and wasn't even close to the play and it might have been Sapp, blindsided him and broke his hip or pelvis. Pads didn't do crap there. A kid in one of my sons game has a severe concussion from a hit this last weekend. These are high school kids and they have the NFL helmets.

#12     Sep 1, 2009
  3. You seem to be focused on everything but the hit. Baggage aside, it was cheap and it was obvious to anyone who watched it in slo-mo, out of the realm of sport and not a good thing for kids to emulate.

#13     Sep 1, 2009
  4. Padding is just an illusion that has evolved with the game. It's more for superficial wounds, like lacerations and broken teeth. A 250 lb linebacker with no helmet will hurt you if he tackled you at full speed. He'd kill you if he wore a helmet.

Play rugby or Australian rules football if you don't mind losing teeth and stitches in your face. Play American/Canadian football if you don't mind concussions, cracked ribs and a ruptured spleen.

#14     Sep 1, 2009
  5. We all saw it.

We all know what he did was against the rules, of football and sportsmanship.

If he does it to the wrong person, or makes a habit of making up for his physical shortcomings (the guy is OLD) by playing dirty; he might find it being done back to him ... and with that beat up body he has, his knees might not holdup too well. :mad:

#15     Sep 1, 2009
  6. LOL!!

You sound like a linebacker?

#16     Sep 1, 2009
  7. bronks

bronks

We were all taught to go low for a block from peewee on up. Even though he's been in the NFL for as long as he has, sometimes you just react. Not an excuse... just something to think about.

#17     Sep 1, 2009
  8. bronks

bronks

Was an outside 'backer in the 4-3 for years. Also the gunner on kickoffs. I was slower than shit but my footwork kept me in the game... at least until everyone got taller, bigger and faster :mad:

#18     Sep 1, 2009
  9. You're the only one whining about it. No penalty on the play, and not even a fine from the league. I didn't see anything from BB or Brady either. Brady is probably realizing he didn't get what he deserved, a blindside late hit on his bad knee. That would be the sort of thing the Pats do.

#19     Sep 1, 2009
  10. I knew it.

I was 6'00 210 small MLB and 5 back in the godawful texas wishbone.

Some minor D1 offers. Then there was an sharp E9 who sold me on the whole program and living the life.

I chose well.

#20     Sep 1, 2009