Brent crude / calendar spread

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by njrookie1, Sep 23, 2013.

1. any one trade those on IB or TT?

what is the ticker symbol to use?

is this the right one on IB?

Brent_Crude_Oil_-_Last_Day
    Underlying BZ
    Security Type IND
    Currency USD
    Exchange NYMEX
    Symbol BZ
    Region Name America

i read there is also one on ICE-Europe, but could not find the right ticker on X-trader of TT or IB TWS.

help highly appreciated.

njrookie

2. Ticker symbol on IB TWS for ICE Europe Brent Crude futures is 'COIL'.
    The exchange is 'IPE'. IB also lists the calendar spread combos.

I haven't used the CME/Nymex futs, but I believe it's 'BZ' you want.

3. thanks a ton!

4. IPE data at $85/month to see the quote.

do u happen to know the symbol on TT? i hope it is free on TT.

any difference from trading BZ on Globex? the volume seems quite low for BZ, spread or outrights. does IPE-Brent behave similarly to CL?

thanks again.
    njrookie

5. TT, no idea but no doubt someone here will. Yes, $85 is the 'ouch' factor.

'Behave' as in the daily price action vs. CL I can't say, as I'm looking at calendars and cracks, and haven't traded CL outright. COIL in early European hours trading is 2-3 ticks wide on the front two contracts, and usually tightens up to a tick wide in US a.m.

You probably know about the WTI-Brent spread convergence/divergence, illustrating the different fundamental supply/demand and geopolitical factors for each, though they obviously share some overarching influences.

6. As an outside RTH comparison, as I write this at around 20:58 EDT, on IB it shows the ICE December Brent contract vs Nymex Brent quotes as follows:

COIL Z13 107.17 bid 107.21 ask
    BZ Z13 107.15 bid 107.24 ask

7. abc1234

abc1234

TT symbol is e-Brent. Data charge may differ between clearing firms. Advantage charges me 110 (85 + 25 "processing fee").

8. thanx dun and abc. really helpful.

9. Mandrykk

Mandrykk

If you're just trading pure Brent calendar spreads and have access to NYMEX I would trade BZ. There is a fee waiver until the end of the year for members and non-members so you can trade it commission free (not including what your broker charges).

10. thanx a lot for the info.

i just saw i was NOT for charged exch fees for BZ. only and nfa fees (0.02).

that was nice.

liquidity very limited though. granted for cal spread it does not matter as much.

#10     Oct 1, 2013