Breathing squats

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Frederick Foresight, Feb 24, 2017.

1. What happens to that thirty pounds of muscle when you end that program? I'd also be curious how much fat one would gain with that diet? Might work well in preparing for a competition, but I see this leading to the never ending trap of bulking/cutting that so many lifters fall into.

2. I'm pretty sure that there's a fair amount of hyperbole thrown in the articles for good measure. I don't think anyone puts on 30 pounds of new, never-before muscle in 6 weeks, and especially not naturally.

I was just referring to the breathing squats as described. That is my point of interest, as I do a variation of it in my routine and wanted to know if others here do as well.

As for the bulking up (porking up?) diet, I can't comment because that kind of thing never appealed to me. Whatever lean mass I had put on over the years was never the result of that kind of overshooting. Perhaps I was limiting myself; I don't know. Sure, I wouldn't mind adding a few more pounds of lean muscle mass, but not if that meant adding a layer of fat in order to do it. It may be a one step back, two steps forward kind of thing, but it's a journey I've never taken. Perhaps others here have, and would like to comment.

As an aside, while I'm fairly lean - somewhat better than average - I've slowly lost some of the lean mass I had when I was younger. That's just a fact of life as I approach my 59th year later this summer. The idea of us older guys porking up to add some lean muscle seems like a recipe for disaster since staying lean becomes more of a challenge as we get older, all else being equal.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
    CaptainObvious likes this.