'Breakthrough' reached on bailout deal

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mgookin, Sep 28, 2008.

1. I pray the fiscal conservative Republicans, if there are any will make a stand. This is there chance to rally the base.

#11     Sep 28, 2008
  2. KMAX

KMAX

#12     Sep 28, 2008
  3. The first 350 billion should cover the formation of the oversight committee.

"insurance provision was added as an alternative to having the government buy distressed securities."

This time it's different.
    ---------------

Q) Where'd all the super fund money end up to clean up toxic waste?

A) Law firms.

#13     Sep 28, 2008
  4. C Span will televise the vote. Many, many House yes votes will be acts of political suicide. The Senate is a different matter those boys and girls are pure treachery and insulated by their individual wealth and their skill in gaming their longer term of office from much political blowback.

It is a lose, lose situation for congress and both political parties.

If they avert the meltdown that was predicted by pissing away 700 million, they will get no credit.

Most Americans and many economists just do not believe that would have happened.

Taking credit from saving the world from financial CATASTROPHE is hard to do when most do not understand or appreciate that would be the outcome of not acting on the 700 million.

Bush was, is, and will always be a very unpopular President.

But he is leaving the stage.

Congress was very unpopular before this deal.

They will be absolutely hated and villified as will be the media who took sides in the bailout.

It was reported that emails and phone calls against the bailout, but I saw few pictures of the average folk who were angry.

The media was too preoccupied with the stupid ass debate between TWO SENATORS who are poster children for inept and treacherous governmnent. And of course the media had to continue with its orgiastic worship of the cult of Barry.

When this deal comes down, Americans are going to HATE their government.

This may have always been true to some extent, but it is going to overt, ugly and maybe even shake up them up at the polls.

Who knows voters might just be angry enough to go to the polls and vote AGAINST every incumbent regardess of which stupid ass political party they belong to.

They should have been doing that for a long time, if they did go to the polls and voted no to incumbency, then maybe 700 million dollars would be a reasonable price to pay for flushing the toliet that is known as Washington, D C.

#14     Sep 28, 2008
  5. 700 billion (not million)

#15     Sep 28, 2008
  6. I stand corrected. And I thought no one every read my rants, let alone read them that carefully.

#16     Sep 28, 2008
  7. It was reported that emails and phone calls against the bailout, but I saw few pictures of the average folk who were angry.
    ------------

I agree. A dime, dollar whatever on a gallon gas draws more wrath than 700b. 700 b means nothing.

The monthly payment trumps the cost of credit to joe sixpack.

#17     Sep 28, 2008
  8. You don't seem to "get it".....they can be very fiscally conservative and yet still TOTALLY compromised puppets of their global wealth entity masters. The right/left two party paradigm in this country has FAILED.......Ron Paul was the best choice in our current environment to have any chance at a return to a constitutional citizen lead government.

The MASTERS of our house and senate are "wealth entities" and no longer the citizens of this country......america has completed the planned transition to fascism if this bill is passed imo.

WHAT MORE DO americans NEED TO SEE???????? :confused:

#18     Sep 28, 2008
  9. ``We worked out everything,'' said Senator Judd Gregg, a New Hampshire Republican. He said lawmakers still want to see the text of the accord on paper before announcing a final deal.

``If there are no adjustments'' to that ``we'll be all set,'' he said.

Missouri Representative Roy Blunt, the lead negotiator for House Republicans, voiced satisfaction for his colleagues who were ``very concerned that we would be able to bring both free- market principles and taxpayer protections to the table.''

House Republicans ``will be looking at the final wording of this,'' he said. Still, ``I think we will be able to have an announcement'' later today, Blunt said.

#19     Sep 28, 2008
  10. I wonder if this deal still includes the provision of having not less than 20% of all profits in the sale of trouble assets going to groups like ACORN and La RAZA. Which are democratic lobbyist and are under investigation for voter registration fraud..LOL!

These community activist groups are a big cause of this housing collapse.

#20     Sep 28, 2008