Breakouts

Discussion in 'Journals' started by cashmoney69, Feb 22, 2007.

1. ICTG

#11     Feb 22, 2007
  2. LECO

#12     Feb 22, 2007
  3. aapl :)

#13     Feb 22, 2007
  4. CCRT

#14     Mar 16, 2007
  5. maybe this one will be more clear...

#15     Mar 16, 2007
  6. escape

escape

You know cashmore I don’t usually comment but come on,

Trading according to breakouts above SMA is crazy

I suggest you look up what 4re is saying on page two

And then after you are done look it up again.

and frankly cash

don't follow 18 year old trader from Lebanon or something

stop reading ET and say to yourself, I can do better

I am the guy who told you long ago, to waste less time on ET and more on charts

#17     Mar 16, 2007
  7. 4re

4re

Thanks Escape...You are right about this trade.

CM,

Here is what I see on this trade. If you would have told me 2 days ago you were going long based on a divergence I would have said way to go, be careful when price gets to 30 due to resistance. But telling me right now that you would go long after breaking out of a 13 day SMA I would say watch out it is too arbitrary and price has already bounced off of resistance. Right now I see conflicting signals for going long and short so I would sit on the sidelines and either going long on a breakout of resistance at 30 (maybe go long around 30.25) or wait for a confirmation and breakout of a bearish flag at about 25.50 (maybe short around 25.25)

The key is to be patient and watch the levels. Look at the chart I drew up for you.

Good Trading To All,
    Gary

#18     Mar 16, 2007
  8. You must have read my mind. I had a buy stop at 30.26..but never hit because the stock opened lower like i expected it would. It might be time to buy into the dip..

#19     Mar 16, 2007
  9. 4re

4re

No mind reading here. I suck at that. But the chart said to wait until one of those zones came up to trade. Now it is in no mans land but just be patient with it. You will eventually get a trade out of it.

Good luck on it.

#20     Mar 16, 2007