Breaking: Trump Agrees To Meet Kim Jong Un

Discussion in 'Politics' started by vanzandt, Mar 8, 2018.

1. LacesOut

LacesOut

Would be great to see Trumpy sort out NK.
    My hopes are not high, but at least it's a beacon of hope, or something...

Add in a Bump Stock ban, and he might be the greatest President in History, much to the chagrin of his opponents, who are more worried about who he's been fucking...

#21     Mar 9, 2018
  2. vanzandt

vanzandt

Either that or they'll claim his racist ass fondled the hot Indian research chick.
    Untitled-1414.jpg

#22     Mar 9, 2018
    Max E. likes this.
  3. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/...tcome-trump-kim-meet-065927012--politics.html

5:05 a.m.

The White House says the president won't hold a highly-anticipated meeting with North Korea's leader unless he takes "concrete steps" that match promises made ahead of the talks.

Spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders says North Korea has made promises to denuclearize, stop its nuclear and missile testing and allow joint U.S.-South Korean military exercises.

Sanders says President Donald Trump won't have the meeting "until we see concrete actions that match the words and the rhetoric of North Korea."

No time or place has been chosen. No sitting U.S. president has ever met with a North Korean leader.

#23     Mar 9, 2018
  4. vanzandt

vanzandt

Well in all honesty, I don't see how anyone can knowingly sit down and exchange pleasantries with a fucking murderer. Starve his fat ass into making a move... and then turn the place into a fuckin ashtray and be done with his ass for good.

#24     Mar 9, 2018
  5. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Ask Roosevelt and Churchhill how they did it with Stalin.

#25     Mar 9, 2018
    vanzandt likes this.
  6. vanzandt

vanzandt

Thats true.
    Not sure its apples to apples but I see your point.
    And the Middle-East would probably be a lot more stable had we not taken out Hussein.
    Trump has said that numerous times.
    Tough call.
    I don't think he'll give up his nukes though.
    We'll see.

#26     Mar 9, 2018
  7. piezoe

piezoe

But it is wrong to negotiate with Iran, right.:rolleyes:

#27     Mar 9, 2018
  8. piezoe

piezoe

Trump is a scam artist. Don't expect anything other than bullshit.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
    #28     Mar 9, 2018
  9. Sounds like the media is trying to set Trump up to fail. Kim’s nuclear arsenal all but assures his hold on power. I don’t see him giving something where he basically spent several million North Korean lives for.

Assuming the U.S., Japan, South Korea, and other Asian allies are on the page on long term geopolitical goals in the region, Trump can go forward accordingly.

What I would like to see is based on the recognition that Kim’s regime is a permanent fixture on the world stage and China has the will and the way to reach their geopolitical goals in the region.

Based on the above considerations, I would hope Trump would meet Kim without conditions. Trump could bring Kim a modest gift, such as something basketball related, and spend time with Kim to learn first hand details about North Korea, their leadership, and their needs.

Should Trump feel there is a basis for going forward, he could invite Kim to the United States for a visit.

It would probably be best for Trump to take it slow, because as I understand it, Asian culture emphasizes relationship building before conducting business. This may be because they favor a long term situation and want to see if that is a plausible possibility with the person they are dealing with.

This would possibly test Trump’s patience and listening skills. I see Trump as a hard charging, get things done status quo busting alpha male who focuses on the short term and makes adjustments along the way. Should Trump handle this opportunity appropiately, his political stock should soar.

The U.S. and Asian cultures have their differences, but I believe our two cultures are compatible.

The prize of a new friend, a new trading partner, geopolitical stability in the region, and greater diplomatic credibility for the United States makes it worth it to take advantage in the opportunity to meet with Kim and break a little bread with him.

#29     Mar 9, 2018
    piezoe likes this.
  10. piezoe

piezoe

If Trump discovered a cure for cancer it would be fake news. If Trump said he'd discovered a cure for cancer, he'd be lying. (Actually he'd be lying regardless.)

#30     Mar 9, 2018