Breaking the Silence short documentary

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sameeh55, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Hello

Hello

Maybe where we are butting heads, and missing each others points is by your use of the word "many". In my mind the word "many" implies that there is a large number of people doing something proportionately speaking.

For example, i could say that there are "many" serial killers in existence, however relitavely speaking there are very few serial killers in existence when compared to normal human beings.

I saw the word many and automatically assumed it to mean that the number is somewhat large in proportion. So maybe thats where we are missing each other.

I agree that there are "Many" muslim leaders who are fanatical, because the number is definately disproportionately high, when compared to other leaders. I dont believe though that "many" western muslims are psychopaths, or terrorists, because the number is disproportionately low when compared to the overall population of muslims.

So perhaps the reason we are missing each others point is simply based on wording, and i misconceptualized how you would interpret the word "many"

#21     Jan 22, 2011
  2. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Disagree sir.

Once I saw images of "moderate muslims" dancing in the streets of Cairo, Oman, Damascus, Beirut, Baghdad, Tehran, Kabul, Jakarta, Tunis, Tripoli, Rabat, Mogadishu and Islamabad after the horrific murder of 3000 people in lower Manhattan who were mostly pulverized by 11-million tons of concrete, steel and office furniture I no longer held the belief that there was a single good muzz on the planet.

They won't denounce because they approve.

I already know where this all goes, I'm just waiting for my fellow countrymen to figure it out so we can take care of business.

#22     Jan 24, 2011
  3. Hello

Hello

Did you ever stop to think that the ones dancing in the streets were the extremists?

#23     Jan 24, 2011
  4. 377OHMS

377OHMS

The basic tenents of their religion advocates violence and extremism so they are all extremists.

I don't see Jews, Christians or Hindus preaching to kill everyone who does not practice their religion.

#24     Jan 24, 2011
  5. Hello

Hello

Nor do i see 99% of western muslims preaching that.

#25     Jan 24, 2011
  6. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Wrong. It is in the Quran and so it is in every mosque and madrassa. Violence and extremism is in the very DNA of Islam.

#26     Jan 24, 2011
  7. pspr

pspr

Here is a good source outlining the vile speech in the Quran. Unless you are willing to dismiss 60% of your words from God then violence is the only solution.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Pages/Quran-Hate.htm

#27     Jan 24, 2011
  8. Ricter

Ricter

If that's all it takes, then all Christians are violent extremists, as we can find plenty of crazy passages in their scripture as well.

#28     Jan 24, 2011
  9. pspr

pspr

Nothing extorting Christians to kill non-believers or go on Jihad. Christianity teaches to turn the other cheek and lead a life of peace. Not the Quran. Geez.

Is this what you liberals do? Defend hate and violent speech?

#29     Jan 24, 2011
  10. Hello

Hello

Do one of you 2 guys want to point me to all the examples of muslims who have come up to you in america and threatened your life if you didnt convert to islam? Id be willing to bet everything i have that it has never happened. Like i said earlier i grew up around lots of muslims, and i never heard them spewing any of this garbage, and they always welcomed me with open arms to hang around with them.

The kind of extremism you guys are talking about is happening in such a small minority of western muslims that it is not a problem. Some of the ones living in the middle east however are a different story.....

#30     Jan 24, 2011