BREAKING: Supreme Court rules on abortion case

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Banjo, Jun 29, 2020.

1. UsualName

UsualName

Nice find. Ok, right wing you have something to be upset about.

#41     Jun 29, 2020
    Tsing Tao likes this.
  2. destriero

destriero

lol good luck with that one, dipshit.

#42     Jun 29, 2020
  3. Cuddles

Cuddles

Just as McCain saw the light with Obamacare once he got cancer, Roberts saw the light when his mistress and/or teenage daughter got accidentally pregnant.

#43     Jun 29, 2020
  4. piezoe

piezoe

There seems to be no evidence supporting this conjecture. Apparently it is 100% innuendo based on nothing other than Justice Kennedy's son once worked for Deutsche Bank and was once involved in deciding how to limit Deutsche's risk exposure on one of Trump's loans* -- the Chicago Loan (~600Million) -- years before Trump ran for President. Trump defaulted on about half the loan and sued Deutsche claiming it was Deutsche's fault! This was after, I think, Kennedy's son was no longer involved with Deutsche. The suit was settled out of court.

Deutsche made the loan at a time when no U.S. Bank would loan Trump anything because he had defaulted on so many loans, as he eventually did on the Deutsche Loan as well. It seems Trump made a practice of supporting himself and his family by borrowing money, not paying it back, then blaming someone else, and suing. One wonders why, after a few rounds of this, any bank would lend to him. The explanation is probably no more complicated than Trump lied to the banks on his loan applications -- as confirmed by Michael Cohen -- just like he continues to lie about everything today...

#44     Jun 29, 2020
    Ricter likes this.
  5. piezoe

piezoe

I am standing by with my Pancreas if needed.

#45     Jun 29, 2020
    Tony Stark likes this.
  6. piezoe

piezoe

With that kind of reasoning there can be no question that you are well suited to the Republican Party. You should join if you haven't already.

I am no Roberts fan, but I can interpret his decision correctly for you. Roberts has been adamant about maintaining the integrity of the Court. He made his decision to side with the liberal court members because he recognized that to do otherwise would create an inconsistency in the Court's rulings. Thus while his personal predilection may have been, probably was, to side with those who favor limiting access to abortion, he made his decision dispassionately based on upholding the law as it stands. To rule inconsistently with previous Court decisions is unusual and should require correspondingly unusually strong arguments. Roberts demonstrated, with his action, that he is committed to dispassionate consideration of the issues before the Court.

#46     Jun 29, 2020
    Tony Stark likes this.
  7. VEGASDESERT

VEGASDESERT

Yeah, i read all that precedent stuff also but its half bullshit.
    Precedent matters until it doesnt. You do get that there have been 100's of
    overruled scotus cases right?

Like I dont know.... ummm. Citizens United?

Johnny boy didn't care much about precedence then.

Let me interpret something correctly for you also. You're an idiot.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
    #47     Jun 29, 2020
  8. piezoe

piezoe

Hundreds ???? I'm guessing that's probably about right. Reverses several hundred times probably in it's history, but it is a long history. Maybe on average a couple times a year. So relatively rare.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
    #48     Jun 29, 2020
  9. Cuddles

Cuddles

Dude doesn't know what he's talking about. Foreign troll confirmed.

#49     Jun 29, 2020
  10. VEGASDESERT

VEGASDESERT