Breaking: Obama unveils 21st Century New Deal

Discussion in 'Economics' started by harkm, Dec 6, 2008.

1. harkm

harkm

lrm21, that was hilarious. Thanks.:D

#21     Dec 6, 2008
  2. #22     Dec 7, 2008
  3. Mvic

Mvic

4. You're a little behind. Its not $2T. Its $8T. Kiss your children and grandchildren and great grandchildren goodbye. They've just been sold into slavery. Have a nice weekend.

#24     Dec 7, 2008
  5. thedewar

thedewar

anyone got a better plan? what he's doing isn't really bad... its just not phenominal...

i'd be curious to hear if anyone here has some better ideas?

(and not sending poor performing internetless children to work on a highway)

#25     Dec 7, 2008
  6. weld1

weld1

the infrastructure deal is good as long as the davis bacon act is enforced. if not the only thing that will be stimulated is the accounts of the new preferred contractors. i hope haliburton starves!

#26     Dec 7, 2008
  7. But it's about the children. It's always about the children isn't it? Or so goes the standard political line. What we're seeing is they don't give a flyin' fuck about the children. The children that voted for this stooge will come to see that.

#27     Dec 7, 2008
  8. richrf

richrf

The money comes from the same place that all of those bankers and investment houses got it. It was borrowed. But this time, instead of throwing away the money on building exploding bombs, building homes for non-existent home owners, loaning money for frivolous toys and throw-away goods made in China, we will be spending and building for the long term good of our own economy, our own workers, and our own families.

I would rather have streamline, energy efficient transportation systems that will save us hundreds of billions of dollars in energy bills (that goes overseas to the Middle East and Russia), than a pile of rotting homes in Florida and Nevada, or a hundred million Chinese made rusting cell phones in the junk yards. The time has come for competent governance and a country coming together for the good of all rather than the good of the top 1% oil barons (here and in the Middle East) who made out like champs under Republican administrations.

#28     Dec 7, 2008
  9. harkm

harkm

This isn't about Rupublican vs. Demacrats. Real change is needed from whomever is in office. Spending more money is not going to solve the problem. How about somebody do something different. Anybody. Sometimes I question a system where lawyers run the country. Business people with good ideas would never venture into politics. Look at Ross Perot. He sabotaged his campaign because he thought he might actually win.

#29     Dec 7, 2008
  10. richrf

richrf

There is one and only one overriding issue facing this country at this time - and that is jobs. What the do nothings on Right Wing radio are suggesting is EXACTLY what Hoover did in the 1930s, i.e. NOTHING as the economy shrunk into oblivion, and money supply decayed at incredible rates as 26% of out country lost their jobs while factories closed down, not to reopen until World War II.

While Bush (and Palin) and his supporters have never read a history book and know absolutely nothing about economics, luckily, this time we have an extremely competent President and advisors who know exactly what to do. My friends and I are holding our breaths hoping that we can last these last 45 days of the worse Presidency in history and that there is not too much more damage done before our country can finally get back to work - instead of back to spending which is all we did for the last 8 years.

#30     Dec 7, 2008