Breaking news

Discussion in 'Politics' started by taodr, Mar 18, 2004.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

You know how stupid that argument is. That's like saying show me the Senator's kid who is working at McDonalds. Show me the Senator's kid who is working the cash register at Walmart. The military is just like any other organization. Those that have the goods, go to the top, those that don't, are on the bottom.

You are acting as if the ONLY reason the rich kids or the Senator's kids are not on the front line infantry is because of where they are from and not because they graduated at the top of their class from West Point. And the only reason the poor kid is on the front line in infantry is because he is poor. LOL.

No, he is there because he reads at the 3rd grade level, got his GED, has no job skills, and was probably selling crack rock to local high students before his parents made him join the Army. LOL. Why are you letting your ideology blind you so much? Don't let your hatred for Bush get in the way of understanding this very simple concept. LOL.

#51     Mar 18, 2004
  2. I thnk the Pakistani army already has OBL but they won't announce till GWB tells them to, which will be closer to election time :D

-Fast

#52     Mar 18, 2004
  3. Ditch

Ditch

Get this concept: The poor are paying the dues in wars, the rich reep the profits, aka the Halliburtons, the Bushes and so on, that's just the way of the world, has nothing to do with any ideology whatsoever.

#53     Mar 18, 2004
  4. Buy NOC and LLL and support our new "reconnaissance" technology in the battlefield!

:)

#54     Mar 18, 2004
  5. ElCubano

ElCubano

you got that right....but i thought they did it because of religion, which would give them courage...yeah right....

#55     Mar 18, 2004
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

I really don't think you believe that. You cannot be that naive. For the last time, the poor people in this world are poor because of where they are in life. The poor guys on the front line are there for a reason and its not because they are poor. If they had busted their ass in high school and got a 4.0 and got a 35 on their ACT's and went to Annapolis and graduated from the United States Naval Academy, they would not be the poor kid on the front line in the infantry. They would be running the computer operations from the USS Roosevelt as an Officer. Why is this so hard for you to grasp? It has nothing to do with being poor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#56     Mar 18, 2004
  7. ElCubano

ElCubano

now this my friend is way out of line.....but you are near the ballpark.....you make it seem as though poor and being a theif or scum go hand and hand....peace

#57     Mar 18, 2004
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

No they certainly do not go hand in hand but I do know from experience that most of the poor people who ALSO join the military tend to come from very questionable backgrounds. Of course I am referring to enlistees and not officers.

#58     Mar 18, 2004
  9. shyhh

shyhh

Totally agree with Ditch. It isn't about guts, it's warfare.

#59     Mar 18, 2004
  10. ElCubano

ElCubano

I disagree...since when does Ronald Mcdonald send you out to be shot at???? stop spinning my friend....

#60     Mar 18, 2004