Breaking news

Discussion in 'Politics' started by taodr, Mar 18, 2004.

1. taodr

taodr

I believe if Al- Zawahiri is surrounded then if he is alive Bin Laden is with him. Don't forget Bin Laden is a very sick man and the other is his doctor.

#41     Mar 18, 2004
  2. gms

gms

the difference between Spain and Pakistan.

#42     Mar 18, 2004
  3. Pabst

Pabst

Some of the smartest people I know still think OSL got his 52 virgins sometime in late '01 or early '02. All that awaits is access into the caves of Tora Bora. DNA will hopefully tell the tale.

#43     Mar 18, 2004
  4. There are hundreds of young men and women serving in the U.S. military who are children of State and Federal government Senators and Representatives. Many of the wealthy of this countries young (Academy types) are also serving and in combat zones, because they know that is how you move fast in rank while serving. Combat duty leadership positions is what gets a officer promoted faster than any other type of duty. This same applies to the military NCO positions...children of the poor are not carrying the war duties for the U.S. on their backs, that thought is completely baseless.

#44     Mar 18, 2004
  5. There are hundreds of young men and women serving in the U.S. military who are children of State and Federal government Senators and Representatives. Many of the wealthy of this countries young (Academy types) are also serving and in combat zones, because they know that is how you move fast in rank while serving. Combat duty leadership positions is what gets an officer promoted faster than any other type of duty. This same applies to the military NCO positions...children of the poor are not carrying the war duties for the U.S. on their backs, that thought is completely baseless.

#45     Mar 18, 2004
  6. Pabst

Pabst

I'm missing your point Ditch. Without a draft, naturally military service attracts kids from lower income backgrounds. Service also offers nobility and advancement in or out of the public sector.

How many firemen, policemen, or sanitation workers grew up in Scarsdale, Lake Forest or Beverly Hills.? Ask Colin Powell where he'd be without the military. I'm not a real hawk but things are what they are.

#46     Mar 18, 2004
  7. Ditch

Ditch

Dude, i'm not talking about combat duty leadership in some well-protected commandcenter behind the frontlines, i'm talking about the guys, that are doing the FIGHTING. Show me those senator's kids that are doing that. Give me names!!

#47     Mar 18, 2004
  8. #48     Mar 18, 2004
  9. Ditch

Ditch

Pabst, some guy on this board called OBL a coward, because he had others doing his dirty work. My point is: it isn't any different anywhere else in the world, including the US. Besides that, the way GWB is milking 9/11 for his campaign makes me puke.

#49     Mar 18, 2004
  10. Pabst

Pabst

Hey NVS. I remember that thread and I MEANT to respond. Saddam's original samples were obtained from hair collected in brushes confiscated from searches of his palaces. The matching after his arrest took several hours. Hence the time lag between capture and the news release to the media. Saddam had actually been in custody 15-18 hours before we heard about it.

#50     Mar 18, 2004