Breaking News: SEC FINALLY Bans Naked Short Selling - Flytiger Vindicated

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by aeliodon, Sep 17, 2008.

1. thank god they did this.

they know their stuff and whats right.

the market has responded accordingly.

down down 219 as i write.

hahahahhaahahahahhahaahaahahahahahaahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahhahah.

still on floor.

hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha.

just getting up.

no back down again.

hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

wife calling 911.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahhahahahahahahhahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahah.

#11     Sep 17, 2008
  2. promagma

promagma

So are our short lists at IB and Genesis going to dry up tommorow?

#12     Sep 17, 2008
  3. RedDuke

RedDuke

And they are going to enforce it how?

#13     Sep 17, 2008
  4. mxjones

mxjones

A bit dramatic.

I think you are PB, and if you spent time properly running your company instead of blaming everyone else for the problems - well then your shareholders would be better served.

It is always someone/something else's fault. Who/what will be blamed now for management ineptitude?

#14     Sep 17, 2008
  5. DT-waw

DT-waw

USA = Nazi Germany is coming very soon. And the public will (probably) have NOTHING against it. Save us save us our good government! It's all Al-Kaida, muslims, and now evil speculators fault! History repeats itself. Masses are dumb as usual.

#15     Sep 17, 2008
  6. all this blanket rule will do is increase transactions costs and suck the liquidity out of the market. More trading will move overseas where there aren't silly restrictions.

It's a sad day when European markets are more free market than the US.

Why not drop the pretense and just institute explicit price controls?

#16     Sep 17, 2008
  7. I can't think of one person for whom I have less respect. I purposely don't shop at Overstock because I can't stand pathetic, paranoid whiners whose sole purpose in life is to find a scapegoat on which to blame their failures.

And, no, I've never shorted Overstock.

#17     Sep 17, 2008
  8. Failures? $18 stock with 500m market cap. The guy has a mission and stuck to his guns. That is worthwhile. Are you so much more successful?

#18     Sep 17, 2008
  9. mxjones

mxjones

How many aliases does flytiger/PB have?

LOL

• ostk.jpg
      File size:
      43.8 KB
      Views:
    #19     Sep 17, 2008
  10. mxjones

mxjones