Breaking News...Ponzi Scheme One Thousand Times Larger Than Madoff Scheme Uncovered!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ByLoSellHi, Jan 8, 2009.

1. clacy

clacy

Hey dumbfuck. Wait until the US goverment socializes our healthcare, which will mean the Pharm and Device companies will no longer be able to meet your price controls. Once we are no longer subsidizing your HC, it will affect your taxes my man.

Also, it's a good thing you can put a $10m/yr military together because you have the luxury of being our neighbors. That saves you a lot of cash, that can go towards social programs.

#11     Jan 8, 2009
  2. clacy

clacy

I like his articles. It saves me time, because I know anything negative (sensational) will be covered by BLSH.

I can however, guess which ones are his posts though. Same with increasenow!!!!!!!!!!

#12     Jan 8, 2009
  3. Close but no cigar. Read this one: http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/217485-overview. Regrettably the practice of medicine like the practice of eating wild (organic, of course) mushrooms is an iterative process beset with nasty surprises. If the physicians involved were culpably unaware that ciprofloxacin was not only ineffective and in fact containdicated for Rx of EHEC infection, then they should suffer the consequences. My guess is that they were not culpable but if you know otherwise please enlighten me.

This has nothing, IMO, to do with the government (they're all a bunch of dough heads) but rather with the usual things that make most governments do what they do.

lj

#13     Jan 8, 2009
  4. Insurance, including medicaid/medicare.

Physicians make more, on average, than attorneys, though many attorneys specializing in highly specialized areas or whom are equity partners at large law firms do extremely well.

As to averages, physicians do better financially as they have a customer base that either pays little or nothing out of pocket for the services and products they receive.

#14     Jan 9, 2009
  5. Do you have a source for this bylo. I would be most interested as it goes quite against my experience and that of many of my former colleagues (I was a general internist). An important factor in your assertion is of course the ratio of attorneys to physicians, which I would guess is greater than one. So how big is the lawyer pie compared to the physician pie?

lj

#15     Jan 9, 2009
  6. You seem to know something about the treatment of E Coli. No offence to yourself, but that's probably how the doctors kept the heat away from themselves by using a lot of big fancy words and phrases.

I agree, if the doctors made mistakes, it has nothing to do with the government. However it was the Conservative government who took most of the heat for the incident when in reality, the doctors were also at fault.

I'm going by information received second or third hand from microbiologists who know more than most doctors about treatment for E Coli. As far as I understand, if the E Coli infections had been left untreated, the patients normal intestinal flora would keep the infection in check. When they treated the E Coli with antibiotics, they killed the normal bacteria, the E Coli survived which poisoned the patients.

I wish I had more facts and figures for you, what antibiotics were used etc. I think it would make for an interesting and important discussion.

#16     Jan 9, 2009
  7. #17     Jan 10, 2009
  8. Actually Sam, the words that I used were not big (here's a big one - antidiestablishmentarianism) or fancy (nugatory is one of my favorites). The words were simply part of the vocabulary which physicians use when communicating with each other about stuff like bloody diarrhoea.

One of the problems with your information source (microbiologists), let alone how what they said was 'translated' by others and yourself, is that they are not clinicians. In reality the way that the microbiologists found out about the consequences of treating E. Coli 0157-H7 with ciprofloxacin was from observations by clinicians (of all stripes).

ALL antibiotics will 'modfiy' the distributon of bacterial species in the intestinal flora, a group of critters about which we know shit all. Did you know that roughly 2/3 of the weight of your poo-poo comes from these bacteria? There's a lot of them and they are definitely weird. Ask one of your bacti buddies.

Whenever I hear "the body will take care of itself" chant, the following factoids come to mind. Life expectancy at the turn of the 19th century was about 48 years. Yersinia pastis is extremely organic.

lj

#18     Jan 18, 2009