BREAKING NEWS: NUCLEAR ACCIDENT JUST UPGRADED TO LEVEL 6, out of 7.

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Grandluxe, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Since when did facts get in the way of a good panic.

#31     Mar 15, 2011
  2. AK100

AK100

Agree, same as don't let the facts ruin a good story.

Sorry, but I cannot see how i nuclear implosion several thousand miles away can hurt the US.

America seemed to do fine when they let off all those ABOVE GROUND nuclear test explosions in Nevada didn't they? No doubt some ground crew suffered in later life but that was down to ignorance (nobody then knew as much as we do today which is understandable).

#32     Mar 15, 2011
  3. The pressure loss alludes to a containment breach of some kind. I was a Westinghouse Prize finalist for a "portable" fission-weapon design in HS, but it's certainly not the same animal, I readily admit. This would be the first breach of a Mk I containment system.

Perhaps you would explain it to us what you mean by "broken"?

#33     Mar 15, 2011
  4. Cyborg2

Cyborg2

I stand by every fact I posted in this thread
    If you are in denial of severity of situation or about Jet Stream bringing it to US in few days.
    That is your problem I hope you are still in denial when US universities start reporting increased radiation on US soil

#34     Mar 15, 2011
  5. afto

afto

I believe that that scenario is highly unlikely but it will not stop millions of people being affected by all of the "what ifs". Doubtless, in a few months time we'll hear that cancer rates in Japan, Hawaii and the west coast of USA have risen "alarmingly", whether or not any radiation release was significant or not.
    Its fear that kills and the seeds of fear are being harvested as we speak.
    JMO

#35     Mar 15, 2011
  6. r-in

r-in

C'mon, Jim Cramer said there is no problem!!!! He knows all about nukes. He says we are a bunch of panic pusses. The chance of anything bad happening is next to nothing. Hope he is right, for once.

#36     Mar 15, 2011
  7. Can I have his autograph?

#37     Mar 15, 2011
  8. Once you get past your myopia related to the trading of this tragedy you'll come to the conclusion that this is a post-war (WWII) disaster without equal.

Three out of control reactors within 200 miles of a population center. Sorry for the silver-lining proponents, but this shit is horrific from every angle, regardless of how well the SPX has rebounded.

#38     Mar 15, 2011
  9. GTS

GTS

You stand by this nonsensical garbage?

"Even a single atom of plutonium Cesium can give you cancer "

Oh wait, you said you stand by every FACT you posted in this thread, since most of what you posted aren't FACTS but made-up shit then that implies you aren't standing by most of what you said. Well played trickster!

#39     Mar 15, 2011
  10. Idk, with a name like Cyborg it's really hard not to believe you. :confused:

You sure have nothing better to do on a lovely Tuesday afternoon than freak out about something that may never happen?

You were probably washing your hands every 5 minutes during the swine flu scares huh?

#40     Mar 15, 2011