Breaking news: Niederhoffer still in business after market correction!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by just21, Jun 1, 2006.

1. I'd like to see a long-term study comparing Neiderhoffer's naked writing with Taleb's far OTM buys and see who wins.

#31     Jun 5, 2006
  2. obviously taleb wins hands down since he never blew up once.

#32     Jun 5, 2006
  3. I'm referring to the strategies, not the individuals themselves. It's very easy to dismiss Taleb since he loses money most years, but just goes to show it's all about drawdown.

All I know is that when I go all-in on a bluff when playing hold 'em and I win, I tend to not do it twice. I do it to double up and push people around with a big stack. I take a risk, but it's certainly not my hallmark strategy if my goal is to play successfully for the long-term

#33     Jun 5, 2006
  4. WTF!!! That guy looks like a cross between Ron Jeremy and Saddam Hussein.

:eek:

#34     Jun 5, 2006
  5. mahras2

mahras2

Niederhoffer is the guy on the right. Sharif Khan is on the left.

#35     Jun 5, 2006
  6. I've been seriously considering making that Seneca quote my next tattoo. Seriously, what do you think?

I get my ink done by a Tel Aviv artist, and I'll be out there in two weeks.

#36     Jun 5, 2006
  7. Well, personally, I'm not that big on tattoos, so perhaps some other folks might want to chime in. (I guess that body art for some is body graffiti for others.) And I really don't know about text tattoos. Whatever you decide, I hope you're sure it's what you want to have for what may be a very long time.

#37     Jun 5, 2006

8. go for it, rearden. get it in latin in a tribal design.

surf

#38     Jun 5, 2006
  9. stereo70

stereo70

Although I have no desire to compare or psychoanalyze traders, this is a great paragraph.

#39     Jun 6, 2006
  10. A couple of interesting points:

(1) We have been in a bull market in the S&P500 for a couple of years now, so perhaps understandable for a permabull like VN to do well. What happens to his fund when the market changes? Will be interesting to see.

(2) After losing everyone's money where did he get $2m to restart his fund?

(3) Well done to VN for making a comeback. It just goes to show that in trading the game is never over, until you say it is.

#40     Jun 6, 2006