BREAKING NEWS: First the triangle broke, now the support broke

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by joezapp, Oct 13, 2016.

1. joezapp

joezapp

Exciting times if you were waiting for a correction. The sharp move that was to come after the 5 week triangle has confirmed to the downside, and now it appears that the chance for a short-term double-bottom broke, as we are below that level fairly solidly.

The markets can move VERY quickly this time of year. You snooze, you lose. Do we make it to a full correction, which would be S&P 1975? That would be a good area, as that would double-bottom the Brexit market drop.

Any technical experts out here today? What do the charts and technicals show?

2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

It would be nice if you uploaded a chart of what you're looking at with the appropriate triangle and support lines so everybody can see exactly what you're referring to.

SimpleMeLike, piezoe and NoBias like this.
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

He can't, he is getting a margin call. :)

Amalgam likes this.
  4. speedo

speedo

Dennis Gartman, it that you?

5. Gary Lynn

Gary Lynn

Looking at Emini 9th week from Ath, strong morning gap broke important ascending trend line,

but, found support at key angle, looking retest short term,

http://screencast.com/t/mkk6yF51yga

joezapp likes this.
  6. joezapp

joezapp

Hi Baron. Thanks for founding this site. The triangle that started September 7 in the S&P has been a subject of frequent conversation in the financial media. Didn't know I needed to prove it on ET, of all places? Simply pull up the S&P 3-month chart and you'll see it clearly. Thanks...

7. joezapp

joezapp

Why on earth would I be getting a margin call? I raised plenty of cash to put to work the past 3 months. Raised more this morning when I sold all my triple-leveraged bear ETFs at nice profits. I would hope that you could add more to the ET conversation than this...

8. Maverick74

Maverick74

Wait. So you started a thread saying the selloff is now just beginning because support broke and you "covered" your shorts? LOL. Seriously? Only on ET.

piezoe likes this.
  9. ET is like a middle school boys' locker room. Welcome!

piezoe likes this.
  10. joezapp

joezapp

#10     Oct 13, 2016