BREAKING NEWS: Dollar loses reserve status to yen & euro

Discussion in 'Economics' started by sub0, Oct 13, 2009.

1. The International banks better start supporting the Small guy in the US, whether small businesses, or farmers. If they don't, the US government will gain control of everything.

#11     Oct 13, 2009
  2. quoting peter schiff has destroyed the article's credibility

#12     Oct 13, 2009
  3. jem

jem

it is my thesis in an age where currency is in digits not paper - reserve status is a negative not a positive.

#13     Oct 13, 2009
  4. Ok.....so what's it going to be....

Long Rates at 9%....

or triple digit inflation....?????

I would bet on 9% or more....only after a reaction to high double digit inflation....

These clowns are used to getting the fire truck after everything has burned to the ground....

The Harvard Queens come thru for Amerika.....AGAIN.....

#14     Oct 13, 2009
  5. I hope people realize the math behind why the Fed can't raise rates with unemployment high ( low tax revenues). These numbers might not be exact, but they are in the ballpark: The US is currently paying ~ 300billion per year interest on ~ 12trillion of debt with the Fed rate near 0%. The average interest rate on this debt is ~ 3.35% right now. If you add the ~ 11trillion additional debt projected to be run up by 2019 to this and assume the rate on gov't debt only rises to ~ 5.0% from 3.35% when the Fed raises rate, then you have 23trillion of debt with interest payments of ~ 1.2 trillion per year. Keep in mind this assumes a conservative ~1.5% increase in interest rates and not the ~ 5% or more I hear analysts speak of.

So, the added interest on this new debt will just about match the total of the debt itself. This seems to be approaching a parabolic point where there won't be enough money to pay interest on the debt much less have money left to borrow as principle.

#15     Oct 13, 2009
  6. .........................................

One would think that the Harvard Queens would consider cutting the size of govt....

Again....their firetrucks only run after everything has burned to the ground....

#16     Oct 13, 2009

7. FIRE IN THE HOLE!

#17     Oct 13, 2009
  8. pitz

pitz

When do the bankers get liquidated (as in, I mean, personally liquidated)?

Population in the USA must be getting pretty restless now. All that anger is going to be directed somewhere.

Where are those FEMA concentration camps when we need them? The only hope for America is to import some good old fashioned Chinese/Russian, "re-education", swap the positions of bankers, for those of engineers, and move on..

#18     Oct 13, 2009
  9. Base on all these debts, i am surprised, there are still people willingly lend to US government. :)

#19     Oct 13, 2009
  10. pitz

pitz

Do you actually think anyone is investing in that garbage??

Or is it just the Fed printing up money and then buying Treasuries?

At least with buying a subprime mortgage, there's collateral. US Treasury debt = no collateral. Its the ultimate in unsecured, unbacked paper.

#20     Oct 13, 2009