Breaking news: Chinese diplomat ruthlessly beaten by Houston police

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Thermactor, Apr 30, 2010.

1. What will China's response be?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100430/ap_on_re_as/as_china_us_consular_official

2. clacy

clacy

Jesus dude, why don't you overhype the title a little?

This isn't the first time something has happened and it won't be the last. If the cops are trying to pull over your car and you don't stop, they're probably going to be a little rough on you.

3. I thought we could use a little more sensational reporting.

4. Nuke Houston. Sensational enough?

5. Texas can always claim that it has already adopted Arizona's new immigration law of 'Reasonable suspicion' and was detaining the subject as a suspected illegal alien. I am sure the Chinese would understand.

[​IMG]

6. Ricter

Ricter

Black hair and brown skin, yep, possible Mexican.

7. The police should have realized they pursued him into the consulate. But I'll bet cash money that this diplomat was thinking "cops, I don't have to do what they say." But I'm pretty sure the right to avoid the law requires first IDENTIFYING oneself to be a diplomat of another country. You can't just speed on ignoring the sirens.

Anyone want to hazard a guess what would have happened to a US diplomat ignoring requests from Chinese authorities to stop?

As for the beating this guy supposedly took - he was handcuffed. No specifics seem to be available on the "injuries" sustained at this point, ne?

If he was beaten, that would indicate he was beaten INSIDE the consulate which makes the arresting officers pretty friggen dumb.

8. They didn't like it when Jack Bauer invaded their consulate in LA.