Breaking in with a decent firm

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by pyetti, Jun 2, 2009.

1. Would you have a list of these arcade us firms, or know where I can get a list of these arcade firms that don't require series 7?

I've read some of the forums here on prop firms, and about whether some require s7 or not, and have become totally confused.

Any help, would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

#41     Jun 7, 2009
  2. Unfortunately I'm not aware of a specific list that just breaks down by whether a Series 7 is required.

Here are several links of prop firms in general that I mentioned earlier:

http://www.tradersnarrative.com/lis...-firms-735.html

http://tracereed.com/

I would contact firms individually and ask whether a Series 7 is required. (on a rare occasion it will)

The tracereed site says whether the Series 7 is required for some firms, but it lacks a lot of information on others.

I think the best way to do this is to make a list of potential firms and send them a generic e-mail with all your questions. Then you can work from there.

#42     Jun 7, 2009
  3. Thanks for your help :)

#43     Jun 7, 2009
  4. coolice

coolice

I am trying to go beyond statistics here. The best way is to go with firms
    with lower payout no $ down structure, but if you are a barefoot inexperienced
    average college grad.( like I was back then), the practical way is the bottom up approach like I described in my prior post. If you want to get something done , you just have to start somewhere where you can learn without loosing. I started at an arcade 11 years
    ago, but back then I was breakeven for 3 months and started making $ after than ( it was easy). It is different now. The market will get your ass if you start live $ trading
    right off the bat.

#44     Jun 7, 2009

5. wow someone has been drinking gallons of the koolaide.

u sound like a perfect hamster to grind up

please post a follow up in a year.

#45     Jun 16, 2009