Breaking: DHL To Make 'Major Announcement' In A.M.: "40,000 U.S. Jobs May Be Cut"

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, Nov 9, 2008.

1. I was talking market direction calls:

'Get the Hell Out' (parts 1 & 2) and 'You Think It's Bad Now; Things Are About to Get 100x Worse.'

Keep your delusional, borderline mentally ill rah-rah sentiment, bulls, while the damn economy literally falls crashing into tiny fragments around your feet as you scream buy the dips.

#11     Nov 10, 2008
  2. I noticed that UPS has a special webpage for DHL customers to switch over. Don't know if it's exclusive to them, or if FedEx is in on it to.

Just a little local insight. I live in a rural area. When I order something and DHL delivers it, they have to drive several MILES out of the way to deliver the package. Driving for miles to deliver a package isn't very sensible. I always tell those who I purchase goods from "Please don't use DHL, it takes forever!" FedEx isn't really used as much as UPS, I wonder how they actually make a profit on the packages after fuel expenses. I know my driver has a big area to cover---remember it's rural here. He has to drive 90 miles to start his delivery route and then he's up and down rural gravel roads and such all day long. He has a long day, every day. Well, what I was getting at is the barriers to entry in the business. That is what Buffet calls a moat.

#12     Nov 10, 2008
  3. Arnie

Arnie

There are a couple of posters here on ET that are EXCELLENT fades. One of them is in this thread. :D

#13     Nov 10, 2008