break Out and jack H questins

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by madmaxer, Jun 12, 2005.

1. If you take them at their word, which I do, Mak and Icarus are doing pretty well with it.

p.s. I fully expect to make it to the intermediate level eventually.:)

#11     Jun 19, 2005
  2. Jack,

Thank you for the time and effort you put on your response. Obviously you want me to look at the big picture, study and investigate more about the whole concept and I do admire your advices. I can not call myself an experienced trader, conversely I do want to seek the right path and draw a scientific and logical conclusion for my thoughts.

What has absorbed my attention in the market based on what I have read and seen is that when we have a sideways market for a period of time, there is usually a sudden movement that can result in a profitable trade. Just like the popcorns are in the microwave and turning, I know that they will start popping, but How many of them ? for how long the time is set….?

Now I will continue to research and learn about this change of direction behavior that can be called BO. Hopefully I will find answers.

From what you presented on ET, I like the rocket concept. I like to call it a concept more than a strategy, and I am confidently trading it. Therefore, as I mentioned, I noticed if I have a rocket that is making money for me on ES, there is a rocket that is making money on ER2 that I could trade. Precisely how -- I will figure it out.
    :confused:

#12     Jun 19, 2005
  3. Mad

I have found pm breakouts very hard to trade. Jack recommends bracketing them and letting the market pull you in but this does not work for me as there are so many failiures. The ability to see when a bo is failing and washing before it turns against you requires monitoring skills which I have not been able to acquire as of yet. I pretty much leave them alone as there are easier trades to take. Occasionally you can see a bo coming when an ascending or descending triangle forms late in congestion and these I will take as you can generally get in a bit early getting a little cushion in case it fails. These will often coincide with a rocket forming on the sto.

#13     Jun 20, 2005
  4. Mike, Pardon my eSignal ignorance, but how are you interfacing your Java app to eSignal? JNI to eSignal's ActiveX API?

reGS, eQ.

#14     Jun 20, 2005
  5. Egal. I am an idiot. I am using E-Signal's built-in language, .efs, written in Java. I bought a faster machine to take out the code execution lag. Mike.

#15     Jun 20, 2005
  6. Easy. I have tested BO's intraday and they don't work. More Jack charlatanism. Of course he gets out of those positions without losses, which my codes never seem to do. Mike.

#16     Jun 20, 2005
  7. Ahh, gotcha. Of course, javascript (actually very different to Java - originally developed by Netscape). Cool, that makes sense. Thanks.

eq.

PS. My French is not as good as yours, although I have on occasion been referred to as a "Cunning Linguist" by the fairer sex, however I'm sure that was a misspelling...

#17     Jun 20, 2005
  8. This is exactly what I was referring to in the above post.

#18     Jun 20, 2005
  9. BO on ES on 13:38 today , jump on hogh volume after lunch consolidation.

#19     Jun 20, 2005

10. Very good comments. thanks for replying.

#20     Jun 21, 2005