Bread and Butter

Discussion in 'Trading' started by easyrider, Aug 24, 2002.

1. Unfortunately, this illustrates the lack of willingness on the part of successful traders to share their setups. Don't get me wrong there are those who do but they are far and apart. Most can talk about brokers and hardware, etc. but when it comes to setups it's like "err, well how about you go read ABC book, it has some good stuff".

#21     Aug 24, 2002
  2. KB96

KB96

Just buy low and sell higher. I think it would work great. I can always do the opposite, Its more fun that way:-D

#22     Aug 24, 2002
  3. I dont blame anyone using something original for not sharing. I really didnt expect that. I am sure there are a number of good traders using standard setups and making money with them. Since there are hundreds of these I was hoping to narrow down the field a bit. Everybody reccomends finding one setup and sticking to it until you master it. Fine. What setup would you reccomend?

#23     Aug 24, 2002
  4. A winning one ...

#24     Aug 24, 2002
  5. HE IS THE GREATEST!!!

#25     Aug 24, 2002
  6. you have become a carp,,,,me me me me me me i i i i i i i i i
    me me me me me me i i i i i i i i

Its old and sad........ dont be a pussy and quote people the way you do...

be a man a add somthing once and a while.....

dont be a carp

#26     Aug 24, 2002
  7. but, will you really give him the money ...

#27     Aug 24, 2002
  8. Tisk, tisk, tisk. My, we can be an ugly group at times.

It's the weekend, and I'm bored, so I'll try this one more time. Does anyone know what a presupposition is? It's a "language pattern" that presupposes something as fact, when in reality (whatever that is) it may not be. For example, the individual who started this thread asked a question that implied successful traders have setups that are a secret to the rest of the world. Come on guys (and gals?). Us humans have been trading for hundreds of years. Candlestick charting was used to trade rice over 300 years ago. Do you really think there are any secrets left. If you're looking for a holy grail (secret) of any sort, you don't understand how the market works. Winners and losers alike, trade breakouts and pullbacks. The winners simply have taken the time to understand breakouts and pullbacks work, and which ones don't. The winners have taken the time to understand that trading is a statistical game, not a magic 8 ball. The winners have taken the time to build the mental discipline to follow what works.

There are no secrets. And I realize, the only people who beleive this already know it. And those of you who continue to look for those ilusive secrets, thank you very much. When you lose, trying the next black box or newest oscillator, or whatever; I'll be getting my unfair share of those losses added to my account. Not because I'm smarter than you. It's just that I'm willing to look at what works and do it. Even if it just seems to simple at time.

PS Simple doesn't mean easy.

#28     Aug 24, 2002
  9. The harder you try, the harder it gets ...

#29     Aug 24, 2002
  10. What are the rules?

#30     Aug 24, 2002