Brazil's Tupi Oil Field

Discussion in 'Trading' started by PohPoh, Apr 25, 2008.

1. toc

toc

Let's take a little easy on this Peak Oil talk and focus more on the long term solutions...........i.e. alternatives to oil. Oil is a finite commodity as for current reaches of science so in 10 years world will have to have something substaintial to subsitute the oil.

In the mean time, find car pools to work, I think 4 can easily fit into one sedan.

Find car pools to weekly grocery and essentials shopping along with neighbours and friends.

Ride a bike to nearby runs or even walk for better health.

Find other ways of reducing the oil consumption be it in auto or indirect use like electricity and heating.

DO NOT EVER EVER EVER EVEN THINK OF CHOOSING A REPUBLICAN OR LIKE MINDED CANDIDATE FOR ANY PUBLIC OFFICE. :D

#11     Apr 25, 2008
  2. Arnie

Arnie

I garantee in 10 years oil will still be the primary energy source. In the late 70's Walter Cronkite did a special on oil and said we would run out before the end of the century. In fact proven oil reserves rose over that time. Peak oil is a theory. Oil was formed over millions of years. Do you really think it's posible we pump it all out in 100 years or so?

#12     Apr 25, 2008
  3. he doesn't want to think like that. his mind is already made up.

#13     Apr 25, 2008
  4. achilles28

achilles28

I was agreeing with ya.

Its a drop in the bucket.

#14     Apr 25, 2008
  5. How true.

The funny thing is, as we look deeper into the continental shelf, offshore and onshore, there will likely be numerous more finds.

Mr. PEaKOilO (as his name is obviously derived) thinks alternative energy, more efficient extraction methods, future finds, and many other things are only a mirage.

#15     Apr 25, 2008

6. i sure think so

#16     Apr 25, 2008
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

Yes. :) But let's make it 200 years.*

That was one of the stupidest arguments I heard on the subject. You know, buffalos had roamed the American continent for 1000s of years, do you think we could eliminate them all?

Opps, we already did, my bad....

Peak oil is a theory.

[Yawn.] So is gravitation. :)

*Oil City is a city in Venango County, Pennsylvania noted especially in the instrumental exploration and development of the petroleum industry. After the first oil wells were drilled nearby in the 1850s, Oil City became central in the petroleum industry while hosting headquarters for the Pennzoil, Quaker State and Wolf's Head motor oil companies.

#17     Apr 25, 2008
  8. Arnie

Arnie

Tell you what. I will bet you $100 that one year from now...

1. World oil production is higher than today, and

2. Proven reserves are more than today.

You game?

#18     Apr 25, 2008
  9. Thank God it's Friday...

Peace..

#19     Apr 25, 2008
  10. GTS

GTS

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Bison#Bison_today

Might want to check your sources on that before you use it as your analogy...

#20     Apr 25, 2008