Brazil's Space Program.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SouthAmerica, Mar 29, 2006.

1. sorry s.a.

we really try to hide these idiots from the rest of the world but as you could see, these klansmen are the loudest.

until we succeed in putting them in their place, i kindly ask you to be patient with us and ignore the envious, hateful, disgruntled and delusional beer drinking klansman.

#11     Mar 29, 2006
  2. maxpi

maxpi

The US has private companies, small business size, that can put a satellite in space SA. Brazil just found out about space finally and SA is coupling their ability to put a satellite up with our demise due to money problems. Talk about NLP, it's an engram switch, 1) see the US conquer space 2) overlay it with economic collapse then reprogram with 3)see Brazils satellite beaming joy down to the earth :) You are going to suffer from more depression SA, it's inevitable. Maybe you can get a job with the evening news. I can just see it: "Thanks for the weather report Bill, next up we have the economics report from none other than the brilliant scientist and information expert, South America"

#12     Mar 29, 2006
  3. Well, at least you acknowledged that the US went to the moon, something I expected you to deny.

#13     Mar 29, 2006
  4. Unless SA can somehow work the deficit and Brazil's relationship with China into the conversation he wont address the question.

Brazil has a guy tag along with Russia in space 40 years after America put a man on the moon and all of a sudden they are a leader in the area.

It's laughable how far fetched this guy's take on the world really is.

1/4 quarter of the population can't read and most of those that can won't. Brazil is a third world country ridden by poverty yet somehow they will flourish and the US will fail and even if the US fails Brazil will walk away unscathed.

The apex of stupidity.

#14     Mar 29, 2006
  5. Man, you can say that again! AND THEN, some chump calls you, me klansmen for pointing this out . . . the apex of stupidity for sure!

#15     Mar 29, 2006
  6. .

Sputdr: Brazil has a guy tag along with Russia in space 40 years after America put a man on the moon and all of a sudden they are a leader in the area.

March 30, 2006

SouthAmerica: The US space program is not as advanced as you think.

You believe that the Brazilian space program today is where the US program was in the 1960’s.

But in the other hand the US space program is stuck in the 1970’s – I like to remind you that the Shuttle program was approved when Richard Nixon was the US president in the early 1970’s – They still working today in the bugs of the Shuttle that was supposed to have been fixed by the late 1970’s. The US space program is at least 30 years behind schedule.

Maxpi: Brazil just found out about space finally and SA is coupling their ability to put a satellite up with our demise due to money problems.

SouthAmerica: The Brazilian space program had a major set back a few years ago – but with the kelp from the Russians the Brazilian space program is moving forward one step at the time.

Russia, Brazil, China, and other countries are moving forward with their space programs – but as far as I understand the US space program is in shambles and the entire world can see it – you never know when they launch a US Shuttle if the old thing is going to explode in the way up or in the way down.

What happened to American space technology? What is going on?

Why they are not flying a new generation of Shuttles and so on….?

It does not matter what the US was able to accomplish in space in the past – the reality today is that if the US has the need to lift an American astronaut into space they need to ask the Russians if the US astronaut can fly in the Russian spacecraft.

Today, the US is losing its competence and know how even in space technology.

#16     Mar 30, 2006
  7. USA GDP per capita = $37,800 number 2 in the world
    Brazil GDP per capita = $7,600 number 95 in the world

are the two even comparitable when it comes to money?

http://www.worldfactsandfigures.com/gdp_country_desc.php

#17     Mar 30, 2006
  8. Illiteracy, Brazil's Capital Sin

Written by Cristovam Buarque
    Sunday, 01 February 2004
    Every country has the obligation to abolish illiteracy. This is even truer for a country with a text written on its flag. In Brazil, more than 15 million adult Brazilians do not recognize the motto "order and progress" written on the flag. Either Brazil changes its flag, or it teaches all Brazilians to read, no matter their age.
    by: Cristovam Buarque

For more than a century Brazil has had adult literacy programs. This is one proof of the social failure in a country, which, if it had an educational policy for child literacy, would not need such programs for adults. It also demonstrates the failure of the Brazilian state to carry out social programs: in spite of these programs, it has not succeeded in solving the problem. But, above all, it is evidence of a mistaken focus that seeks to assist but not to abolish, that sees things though the optic of economics rather than that of ethics.

Based upon that economistic and assistance vision, the successive Brazilian governments' goal was literacy-for-more and not literacy-for-all. They treat literacy as a means to increase people's efficiency and not as a right of each citizen, and orient literacy programs towards those with productive potential and not towards everyone. This means everyone from early childhood, when the matter should have been faced, up to the oldest Brazilians.

The younger the person who learns to read, it is certain, the more literacy increases his or her productivity. The older the person, however, the greater his or her right to literacy, not only because that newly literate person will be more productive, but, above all, because of that lifetime lost to illiteracy.

Every country has the obligation to abolish illiteracy among its adults. This is even truer for a country with a text written on its flag. In Brazil, more than 15 million adult Brazilians do not recognize their flag because they do not know how to distinguish from any other written words the motto "order and progress" written on the flag. In Brazil, unlike in other countries, universal literacy is a matter of patriotism, not of productivity. Either Brazil changes its flag, or it teaches all Brazilians to read, no matter their age.

Brazilian social logic dominated by economicism sees adult literacy programs as the road to increasing revenue, thereby diminishing poverty. According to this theory, since the population's oldest members do not increase revenue, it would be unjustified to teach them to read. But poverty is not a matter of revenue; it is a matter of exclusion from fundamental rights, one of them the right to literacy. The struggle against exclusion, therefore, demands teaching everyone to read, no matter what that person's age or economic potential might be.

At an event in Belo Horizonte some months ago, I heard a lady of a certain age, who had just learned to read, speak about the pleasure she felt the day that she first wrote the name of one of her children. Then she wrote the names of her other children, and, soon after, one by one, that of each of her grandchildren.

Every Brazilian has the right to that pleasure. It is a shame that we still deny millions of Brazilians older than fifteen—especially the oldest, because of the time that they have lost—the right to spell out the names of their loved ones.

When I heard that justification for adult literacy programs, one that had not occurred to me, I remembered another: literacy for all will diminish the social pain experienced by decent Brazilians when they encounter adults who still do not know how to read. Abolishing illiteracy in Brazil will not only give pleasure to those who have learned to read, but rather to all Brazilians, who will no longer endure the shame of living in a country that is so rich but that still has so many millions of illiterates.

The abolition of illiteracy, the simple fact that we have a broad, general, and unrestricted literacy campaign for adults—with a deadline for literacy-for-all and not the intention of literacy-for-more—will give Brazil a shock of decency. This alone would be sufficient to justify the abolitionist program instead of a mere assistance program.

The love for our neighbor commits us to the task, left to our generation, of abolishing illiteracy. It is an ethical, even a religious, decision as if the eleventh commandment were "Thou shalt teach thy neighbor to read as thou would teach thine own child."

For these reasons, we must have a clear goal for the abolition of illiteracy, excluding no one because of age. Thus was the goal set and carried out by Brasil Alfabetizado [Brazil Literate]. If, for an economic reason, the goal is to focus upon those who are younger, then, for an ethical reason, the older the illiterate, the greater our obligation to teach that person to read.

Instead of teaching younger people to read in the hope that they will pay their debt to the country, the country must teach people to read to pay off its debt for the amount of time it has left them illiterate. The older the illiterate Brazilians, the greater we are in debt to them for allowing them to go so long without knowing their flag, writing their child's name, or being included in the world of the literate

#18     Mar 30, 2006
  9. jem

jem

If SA was not such a propagandist I would not even bother to write this. The U.S. could stand still and it would take 3 decades for Brazil to catch up. But nevertheless I would like to point out that only a dope would assume the space shuttle is the apex of United States space techonolgies. It may be all you know about. But then you did not know about the stealth tecnolgies before the first gulf war either.

I would bet a company like IBM could put a man on the moon faster than brazil.

#19     Mar 30, 2006
  10. Even Europe admits the US is 50 years ahead technologically. I wonder where that leaves Brazil, but they have China as a trading partner so I guess that automatically makes them a member of the elite club.

#20     Mar 30, 2006