Brazil's new president warns of WW3.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by MohdSalleh, Nov 6, 2010.

1. .

Jem: China is a predator and Brazil was the prey. Your export industries were the weak gazelles and now china is looking to thin your heard some more.

November 9, 2010

SouthAmerica: Reply to Jem

Brazil is a country almost 100 percent self-sufficient – if Brazil close its borders tomorrow to the rest of the world, Brazil can survive with minimum disruption to its internal market.

We have everything in Brazil and basically Brazil does not need anything from any other country to be able to survive.

Brazil is a credit nation and the United States is on the hook to Brazil for over $ 300 billion dollars as of December 31, 2010.

The United States is the poor country that needs to borrow money from Brazil and not the other way around.

Brazil is in such a good shape economically speaking that in the last meeting of the G-20 in South Korea about 2 weeks ago the Brazilian Finance Minister did not bother even of showing up because he had more important things to do in Brazil.

The monetary game with China has been doing well for many years – but the suckers on this deal is not Brazil – it's the United States.

The Chinese are laughing of the United States and its collapsing economic system and they are going to help undermine the US economic system with very cheap money as long as necessary – and they just watch the US economic system self-destruct one step at the time.

Ben Bernanke latest “quantitative easing” QE2 in plain English “printing money” as fast as possible it is a desperate effort by a Central Banker to project the illusion of wealth a little longer before the house of cards come down crashing.

When, under QE, a central bank buys from an institution, the institution's bank account is credited directly and their bank gains reserves. The increase in deposits from the quantitative easing process causes an excess in reserves and private banks can then, if they wish, create even more new money out of "thin air" by increasing debt (lending) through a process known as deposit multiplication and thus increase the country's money supply. The reserve requirement limits the amount of new money. For example a 10% reserve requirement means that for every $10,000 created by quantitative easing the total new money created is potentially $100,000. The US Federal Reserve's now out-of-print booklet “Modern Money Mechanics” explains the process.

China needs Brazil, but Brazil does not need China or the US for that matter.

Brazil has something to sell to China, the ships go full of commodities to China – then China pays Brazil in US dollars and after paying most of its international debt to the IMF and to the Club of Paris and on top of that being able to accumulate another US$ 300 billion dollars in foreign exchange currency – Brazil does not care about what Americans think – for all practical purposes the United States has become completely obsolete and yesterday news.

The ships come full of stuff to sell on the United States and they go back empty to China.

In the meantime, China has the United States by the balls to the tune of trillions of US dollars – and the United States has become so pathetic that they don't have control even of critical strategic minerals that they sold to China because the US economic system is becoming a completely clueless economic system.

What is left of the US economic system is standing on top of quicksand, and is held together by government intervention, accounting gimmicks, and not much substance.

Here is the sad reality of what is left of the US economy:

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I close my case.

Jem, as you can see Brazil is the country on the way up, and the United States is the country that is falling like a rock.

#41     Nov 9, 2010
  2. Is Brazil finally lifting itself out of the gutter? If they do, maybe they can lift their head and see the feet of the super giant USA!

#42     Nov 9, 2010
  3. OK, but I think your case would be a bit stronger had you personally immigrated from the U.S. to Brazil... instead of the other way around.

#43     Nov 9, 2010
  4. LOL Come on man. The Brazilian Finance Minister didn't show up to the G20 meetings because Brazil is so good off he didn't need to go?! Too funny. Brazil is growing, yes, but to suggest that they are so well off they need not bother with what any of the top countries in the world are doing is absurd.

Brazil got those favelas all cleaned up down there?

This is called fractional reserve banking and is not unique to the USA. You also don't need to buy an out-of-print booklet to learn the process. Wikipedia should do it.

You have it backwards. Since the USA owes China so much money, they have China by the balls. China is currently scrambling because they fear USD devaluation, and hence they are essentially getting stiffed on a portion of the debt owed to them. The question is - what can they do about it? I suspect....nothing.

#44     Nov 9, 2010
  5. jem

jem

if brazil were so self sufficient and did not care about china destroying its industries... why would it now care about the dollar doing down?

#45     Nov 9, 2010
  6. .

November 9, 2010

SouthAmerica: A friend of mine who in in the process of moving with his family from the United States to Brazil, he sent me today this email with the attachment with info about the Brazilian census.

He is a very smart fellow who sold his software company located in California about 3 years ago. And he had the opportunity to travel to most countries around the world on his pursue of business deals – he has been all over Europe, Africa, Middle East, Asia, Russia, and South America. There are very few countries that he does not know in person. He also has traveled all over Brazil and knows Brazil very well.

After he sold his company in California 3 years ago he moved to Austin, Texas to decide what would be his next move – he still is a young man in his mid-40's and he has a son age 10.

It became his goal to search for a country and city where his son would have the best prospect for the future, and after an year of research he came to the conclusion that when he took in consideration the future of his son the best country in the world it would be Brazil and the best city it would be Curitiba.

He made various trips to Brazil last year and finally he bought a nice condo in Curitiba – and since last year he has been transferring his family to Brazil one step at the time.

This fellow could have moved to any country he desired around the world since he has money and he is looking to start a new company. He is already studying a ton of new opportunities in Brazil related to the Brazilian regular economic growth, but also related to the investments being made for the World Cup of 2914, and the Olympics of 2016.

He was in Curitiba in August when a census person came to his house and in a matter of 15 minutes took all the census information necessary with their digital state-of-the-art equipment and 3 months later the Brazilian government is publishing the results and detailed information about the 2010 census.

In the US the census was done in April of 2010 and after 8 months the US Census Bureau still is working to get the results.

Ricardo,

I experienced the census count when i was in Curitiba in august. the entire census for this continent sized country was done digitally - no paper. the ibge (instituto brasileiro de geografia e estatistica) equipped the census workers with 200,000 lg smartphones loaded with a special software app. that they had developed. the workers were efficient & well informed.

In comparison the U.S. started it's paper based census in April & we still don't have the results.

Tuesday, November 9th 2010

“Brazil’s population is 186 million; 9.5% increase over the previous census in 2000”

Brazil, the country with most territory in Latin America also has the largest population, almost 186 million according to preliminary figures from the latest census, released by the Brazilian Geography and Statistics Institute, IBGE.

The exact figure is 185.712.000 and represents a 9.5% increase over the last census in 2000. However this was 3% less than the 191.5 million calculated by IBGE for this year based on birth and death rates and immigration figures.

The IBGE managed census collected information between August first and 31 October, having visited 67.275.000 households in 5-565 Brazilian municipalities.

Primary data indicates that Sao Paulo, the industrial hub and the richest of the country is the most populated of 27 states, 39.9 million and recently created Roraima in the Amazon region the least populated.

Sao Paulo city is Brazil’s most populous municipality with 10.66 million residents. This does not include those in its metropolitan area where practically a similar number live. Brasilia, the national capital registered a 20% population increase compared with the 2000 census

The full data of the census is scheduled to be released next November 29. The last census was done in 2000 when the total resident population in Brazils was 169 million.

After Sao Paulo comes Rio de Janeiro, with 5.9 million residents; Salvador, 2.5 million; Brasilia, 2.46 million; Fortaleza, 2.31 million; Belo Horizonte, 2.25 million; Manaus, 1.71 million; Curitiba, 1.67 million; Recife, 1.47 million; and Porto Alegre, 1.35 million.

#46     Nov 9, 2010
  7. .

Jem: if Brazil were so self sufficient and did not care about China destroying its industries... why would it now care about the dollar doing down?

November 9, 2010

SouthAmerica: China is destroying the Brazilian industry because their currency is pegged to the US dollar, and since January 2009 the Brazilian real went up about 40 percent versus the US dollar.

Anyway, the currency game is changing very fast, and very soon a lot of fools are going to be caught with their pants down.

#47     Nov 9, 2010
  8. zdreg

zdreg

hubris of americans is endless. america is sinking under the weight of its debt the same way argentina brazil and SA use to do .
    my awareness became personal after over a year ago I made this statement and a "patriotic" american mod bounced the thread to chit chat. now even 3rd world countries don't want US dollars.

#48     Nov 9, 2010
  9. Rearden Metal: OK, but I think your case would be a bit stronger had you personally immigrated from the U.S. to Brazil... instead of the other way around.

November 9, 2010

SouthAmerica: Reply to Rearden Metal

I want to remind you that I came to the USA about 40 years ago, and I have been a first-hand witness to the decline of the United States – and I have been recording on my articles and postings every step of this decline way before the mainstream media caught on on what was happening.

Other than my years working for Templeton, Dobrow, and Vance in the investment area in the early 1970's my entire career I have been working in international trade or the international area of major US companies, because of my Brazilian background.

I have seen the exodus of Brazilians who returned to Brazil from the United States in the last few years including many friends of mine. And people ask me all the time “What are you doing in the United States, instead of returning to Brazil?” - They ask me in the sense “What is wrong with you?”

I realized that the US economy has reached the end of the line when you connect all the dots – It is time to get off this ship before the Titanic goes completely down.

Today, I am ready to go back to Brazil if the right opportunity comes up – since the US economic system is on an implosion mode, and there is nothing Americans can do about it – it's too late in the game, and this place is going to spin out control in the near future. The crazy Republicans are going to speed up the implosion process in 2011, and 2012, and turn the US economy into a black hole.

#49     Nov 9, 2010
  10. I dare you to move to Brazil and live there for the next ten years!

#50     Nov 10, 2010