Brazil economic bubble...burst

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Doji7, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Less uneducated? Sure you're not from Brazil?

#11     Feb 1, 2009
  2. tr51

tr51

I would guess sky is from Argentina.

#12     Feb 1, 2009
  3. LOL

#13     Feb 1, 2009
  4. dcvtss

dcvtss

Spanish and Portuguese may look similar when written but when spoken they are very different languages, if you have traveled extensively to S. America I would think that you'd know that.

I have heard the same about the Brazilian women from others who have been there, they are not as universally hot as the "marketing" would have you believe. That being said, Brazil is a pretty big country and if you like the argentine type I hear southern Brazil is pretty similar to Argentina.

#14     Feb 1, 2009
  5. this is the old argentina vs brazil rivalry. honestly brazilians dont give a shit about any other south american country. whats appealing to me about brazil.. is the miles of coastlines and tropical islands. geographically argentina is rather to the south and borders antartica at points.. i believe it snows in buenos aires?? regrettably i would make the claim that there are rednecks in every culture.. put the level of sophistication at the leading centers of a country are what make a culture stand out. i think brazil with its surf culture in some areas and with its huge black population is much more hip than argentina.

i think these links show that brazil is cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ry9DKKtWOAg&feature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6U4dQhCRM0&feature=related

#15     Feb 1, 2009
  6. cfelicio

cfelicio

As a brazilian, who lived in Brazil for 20+ years, let me comment on that:

1 - People there are lazy and not very knowledgeable, that's true. There is always people trying to: rob you, scam you, etc.

As for english, I speak it a bit and I can assure you most of my friends do as well, but you probably went to the Amazon forest, to Rio (which is a big slum), or to the Northeast (poor and sad place). Nobody speaks english (and barely portuguese) on those places for sure.

I also speak spanish and I can assure you that despite being from the same root (Latin), and despite having similar words for describing many things, these are 2 different languages and you won't be able to speak it unless you study it.

2 - They are usually very kind people. I once remember trying to get a shortcut on a road, ended up in a dirty road that had some muddy spots, got stuck, and people walking by stopped to help, and they got all dirty because of it. But I also got similar kindness when I was in US and Canada (different situations: US I was in a car accident and some people stopped to help, Canada got stuck in the snow and some ppl helped to push the car).

3 - Depends on the beach. Some you will see amazing women, some you won't. Its a matter of luck. There are beautiful people everywhere.

4 - Argentina sucks. Arrogant bastards :D

You also forgot to mention how violent Brazil is. Homicide in Sao Paulo is 3x Atlanta, so I felt very safe when I was in ATL. That didn't help to the fact that I was attacked by some random guy with a ratchet in the middle of a traffic jam just because I changed lanes and happened to be in front of him before the traffic light turned red.

Or In Vancouver, where the crime rate is 5x lower than ATL (15x lower than Sao Paulo!), and I had my car window broken and a cheap PDA stolen (the window was $300 to fix).

Coming from an ultraviolent place, this kind of thing never happened to me. I guess it's mainly because I assume these places are safe, and lowered my precautions (as in Brazil you are always alert of your environment).

Another thing that sucks is the corruption in the government, and the stupid people that still votes on these same guys. Still can't say anything better about US, as you guys got Bush (2 times!!).

#16     Feb 1, 2009
  7. cfelicio

cfelicio

And the only things I miss about Brazil:

1 - Family and Friends (who I visit every year)

2 - The weather (you can't beat 15c on the winter and 35c on the summer, it's awesome)

#17     Feb 1, 2009
  8. I liked Argentina when I was there. Price was still low for eating out at nice restaurants and the women were very hot.

I felt very safe in Argentina. They seemed hard working and had many shops similar to Beverly Hills, but at lower prices.

Since oil prices are down, I think flying there for vacation would be pretty inexpensive.

If you wish to stay for a couple weeks or more, I would recommend renting a luxury 5 star apartment which will save you more money than staying at a hotel plus you get more space, a kitchen, and living room with LCD TV's, internet, and a cell phone to use while you are down there. If you plan on going and would like more information, please feel free to pm me. Also, the apartment manager will send someone to pick you up from the airport. There was this woman they sent when I went down who also runs a tour which takes you along the river which was very fun. They also helped me find a gym to work out at a place to take my clothes to get cleaned.

Also no one bothers you if you want to take a woman to the room and they do have maid service. You get your own set of keys to use for the trip. All of the beds are from the Four Season Hotel so they are really comfortable.

#18     Feb 1, 2009
  9. Exactly

#19     Feb 1, 2009
  10. 2. Yes they are very kind, very helpful, and very friendly people.

3. No, I've been in sao paulo and rio, and truthfully the women are just not attractive in the slightest. I would honeslty have to say that for every 1 attractive women in brazil there are 15 attractive women in argentina.

4. You are darn right, they are arrogant!

#20     Feb 1, 2009