Brazil and the New Economic Miracle. The U.S. Has a Lot to Learn!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SouthAmerica, Apr 23, 2010.

1. APRIL 2009!!!

moron posted an article describing how the economy slowed down in the final 3 months of 2008, wow huge fucking surprise.. i dare you to come back to this thread and argue with me at how great and glorious the USA is.. i destroyed you with my post above..

#21     Apr 24, 2010
  2. 1.) The rednecks have more common sense than you estimate. They understand they are being screwed - they just can't do anything about it...much like the people in Brazil.

2.) I agree with 377OHMS. I think you missed the point. The OP is pumping Brazil and at the same time denigrating the US. PLEASE - see that at least!!! Look at the title for this thread - it includes "The U.S. Has a Lot to Learn!" The U.S. has NOTHING to learn from Brazil. The two economies are so vastly different that "helpful tips" from Brazil are absurd when dished at the U.S. One is an information based service economy. The other is more agrarian. When is the last time you bought software from Brazil? When is the last time you heard of a hospital buying an MRI from Brazil? Jet engine? Air control system? Semiconductor capital equipment from Brazil? Heard about new geneticly based drugs coming out of Brazil lately? All of that is not to whack Brazil! The point is that the OP was taking a whack at the US while trying to promote Brazil. 377OHMS does NOT have to prove that America=heaven, only that Brazil is not the land flowing with milk and honey that is purported by the OP.

#22     Apr 24, 2010
  3. My use of the word redneck as a slur is rather soft. i agree that the title of this thread is a bit over the top and unnecessary.

The Bovespa index is hitting resistance at all time highs, maybe its a double top? Or maybe it breaks out.. I don't know.

#23     Apr 24, 2010
  4. well Brazil ain't exactly Haiti, neither. you can look up all the figures and data points yourself.

#24     Apr 24, 2010
  5. 377OHMS

377OHMS

I rather doubt it. You likely live somewhere in Ohio and have some kind of low paying unrewarding job. I suspect you drive a minivan and have a few kids who don't respect you much. Your home probably is covered with aluminum siding. You might have done a bit of trading but it didn't work out. The USA just isn't supplying you with the lifestyle you are sure you are entitled to.

But you definitely didn't leave.

Brazil is a great place to wake up in a filthy hotel bathtub packed in ice and missing a few organs having possibly contracted 2 or 3 communicable diseases in the process. :D

#25     Apr 24, 2010
  6. I agree with you! Brazil is on the way up...but, I think we can agree that the OP's position of giving advice to the U.S. based upon Brazil's experience is nonsense. I truly wish it wasn't nonsense, because the U.S. seems to have lost its way!

-gastropod

#26     Apr 24, 2010
  7. Very morbid post, but sad to say very real. I hope the US will be missed post mordium. The South Koreans may find this out first:
    Tensions have deterioated rapidly with the north and all out war may ensiue. Will the US have the credit to bankroll another war
    front with our creditor being China and N. Korea being aided by China?

#27     Apr 24, 2010
  8. Lula's government reduced 19.8% the rate of misery based on labour income during June 2002 and June 2006 according to Fundação Getúlio Vargas. In June 2006, the rate of misery was 18.57% of the population.[4]

The rate of poverty is in part attributed to the country's economic inequality. Brazil ranks among the world's highest nations in the Gini coefficient index of inequality assessment. A study on the subject [5] shows that the poor segment constitutes roughly one third of the population, and the extremely poor make out 13% (2005 figures). However, the same study shows the income growth of the poorest 20% population segment to be almost in par with China, while the richest 10% are stagnating.

[​IMG]

He's been running his mouth about this bullshit for years, yet Brazil is still a 3rd world shit hole.
    [​IMG]

#28     Apr 24, 2010
  9. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Those buildings look sturdy. I know they use alot of rebar during construction.

#29     Apr 25, 2010
  10. Brazil is a 3rd world country. Just because it is slightly less of an impoverished state than it used to be, does not mean it is a role model for countries vastly richer, safer, and more free than it.

#30     Apr 25, 2010