Brazil and the New Economic Miracle. The U.S. Has a Lot to Learn!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SouthAmerica, Apr 23, 2010.

1. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Some fucktard pumping a corrupt disease-ridden third world shithole run by a leftist junta.

I would rather throw my money into the fireplace. Brazil is losing proposition all the way 'round. People promoting Brazil are frauds. They just painted graffiti on the statue above Rio. The police run murder squads against children in the favellas. The place is a nightmare.

And this asshole tries to fish for suckers to invest there? Ban this guy before we have to hunt him down and rip his balls off.

#11     Apr 23, 2010
  2. .

April 23, 2010

SouthAmerica: Reply to Kiwi Trader

People like you also criticized my article in February 2005, and they thought I was an idiot, alarmist, a fool, and worse.

In February 2005 the comments after the article said:

1) Interesting fantasy!
    An unlikely extrapolation, based on facts selected to bolster the author's viewpoint.

2) Fantasy Indeed!
    This author has an extremely active imagination.

3) Interesting fiction here. Demonstrates how easily a journalist can create deception merely by inserting and omitting facts as he pleases.

4) Fiction/ potential fact
    I'm sorry to say that some of the authors facts are correct.

In June 2006 the comments after the article said:

1) 1 year later...
    USA is still in Iraq, wasting money, and actively spreading the bad reputation.

In February 2008 the comments after the article said:

1) Amazing accuracy

I was just going through websites trying to see when people predicted the next Depression. Whether in 2008 or 2009. I came across a forum where your screen name was "SOUTH AMERICA." I just now read this and WOW. I can totally see all of that happening and am already seeing it happen with my own eyes and ears. Particularly this part :

"To compound the US economic problems, US corporations started repudiating the benefit payments of their pension and health plans. Everybody wanted to pass their pension responsibility to the US government - the trend started with the steel industry, then the airline industry, the major auto manufacturers, and after that, every company with a substantial pension plan. The US government had no choice other than to swallow approximately US$ 600 billion in new pension liabilities."

Everyone is looking to each other to bail the other one out. I just heard that the auto company CHRYSLER is going overseas to China, and we have outsourced thousands if not millions of jobs to China, India, and other low wage paying countries. I think the only thing that hasn't come to pass yet in this article is the attacks on American soil. And the American soldiers being target practice for the Iraqi Insurgency. I'm pretty sure that will happen though. Especially if we have either Hilary Clinton or John McCain (both war mongers) as a president. I think you hit everything right on. It's amazing to see those first couple of comments from 2005 saying that your facts were way off or it was just a fantasy. Now we're here in 2008 and it's all unfolding just as you say!

In September 2008 the comments after the article said:

What would you do now, since your predictions here have come to fruition, and NO ONE KNOWS WHAT TO DO OR BELIEVE.! I found you on Charlie Rose' site. Hope you stay informative there. Thank you!

Conclusion:

By the fall of 2008 the people who were reading that article thought that I was Nostradamus.

Brazzil Magazine - February 2005
    "It’s 2008. The US Has Dragged the World into a Depression."
    Written by Ricardo C. Amaral

http://www.brazzilmag.com/component...-has-dragged-the-world-into-a-depression.html

And here we go again, Kiwi Trader – please post some more comments on this thread then in few years we can look back and have a few laughs about your comments.

#12     Apr 23, 2010
  3. .

377OHMS: They just painted graffiti on the statue above Rio. The police run murder squads against children in the favellas. The place is a nightmare.

April 23, 2010

SouthAmerica: Reply to 3770HMS

Before you get bent out of shape you should read the following:

Here is the link to my latest article about Brazil, which was published on Brazzil magazine.

The Brazilian Formula for Success - Dictatorship
    Written by Ricardo C. Amaral
    Brazzil magazine - Tuesday, 13 April 2010
    http://www.brazzil.com/component/co...azilian-formula-for-success-dictatorship.html

#13     Apr 23, 2010
  4. 377OHMS

377OHMS

"Rising inflation and economic uncertainty are reviving Brazil's moribund privatization effort, breathing new life into the program as one of the few ways for the government to attract capital to this cash-strapped country.

Brazilian President Itamar Franco, who had been reluctant to sell a government-controlled industrial sector that he had helped promote as a senator, now sees the quick sale of the country's 200-odd state- owned enterprises as one of his last chances to balance the budget, pay for his social promises and prevent one of the world's highest inflation rates from … "

http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1P2-949296.html

"RIO DE JANEIRO, April 16 -- In the final three months of last year, the once-robust Brazilian economy contracted 3.6 percent over the previous quarter, on par with some of the largest declines in emerging-market countries around the world. Unemployment has risen. And the government launched a program..."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/04/16/AR2009041604010.html

"The Origins of Economic Backwardness in Brazil: Colonialism, Slavery and Dependency Reconsidered"

http://www.history.upenn.edu/economichistoryforum/docs/summerhill_07.pdf

Brazil suffered its biggest quarterly decline in economic output for more than a decade in the final three months of last year, official figures show.

Gross domestic product (GDP) shrank by 3.6% from the previous quarter, the largest quarterly decline since 1996.

The fall ends a three year run of consistent economic growth in Brazil, although output for the whole of 2008 remained strong at 5.1%.

The figures came on the same day that the IMF predicted a global recession.
    Sharp decline

The quarterly contraction in Brazil does not bode well for the coming year and ends all hope that the country's economy might avoid the worst ravages of the global economic downturn.

"The fact that the economy slowed so sharply in the fourth quarter sets the stage for an even steeper slowdown in 2009," said Roberto Padovani at West LB do Brasil.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7935565.stm

#14     Apr 23, 2010
  5. 377OHMS

377OHMS

#15     Apr 23, 2010
  6. 377OHMS

377OHMS

#16     Apr 23, 2010
  7. 377OHMS

377OHMS

#17     Apr 23, 2010
  8. 377OHMS

377OHMS

#18     Apr 23, 2010
  9. 377OHMS

377OHMS

#19     Apr 23, 2010

10. typical redneck.. the united states is one big smelly trailer park. brazil has favelas, the USA has trailer parks.. guess what its the same shit.. people forget about the mudslides in California , huge winter storms paralyzing the northeast or the vast majority of dollar menu fat asses.

go to the intercity of Atlanta, or farm country in Florida any part of the south if you want to see the real America. You think a city like Detroit or Cincinnati is a nice place to live? Zionists paint a pretty picture in Hollywood.. but lots of tranies and scum there too. how about the boroughs of NYC? everyone so happy to be living in tiny boxes. the only thing good about America is that you can sit on your fat ass and get $500 a month from uncle sam to go online and talk shit about the rest of the world.

i dont just talk the talk.. i packed my shit and left your leftist junta corrupt shithole USA. fuck you

#20     Apr 24, 2010