Brazil and Nuclear Weapons.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SouthAmerica, Jun 21, 2007.

1. I thought Pakistan was supposedly an ally with the US in a way?
    I don't know why they would have to attack Pakistan in order to
    get to Bin Laden.

A country with nukes would have to have modern nukes don't you
    believe in order to compete with the US on that level? The nukes
    that Cuba would sell to Chavez would be really old nukes...

As far as North Korea, they just want their money unfrozen or whatever
    and other financial help. At least lets hope so. Myself, I think they
    will come around in time. It's not like they have oil or anything.

#11     Jun 23, 2007
  2. Pakistan started their nuclear program in response to India, not to protect itself from the United States. SouthAmerica you have no idea what you are talking about.

Pakistan has no way of delivering their nuke weaponry to a US domestic target.

#12     Jun 23, 2007
  3. .

Version77: I thought Pakistan was supposedly an ally with the US in a way?

I don't know why they would have to attack Pakistan in order to get to Bin Laden.

June 23, 2007

SouthAmerica: The dictator of Pakistan is an ally of the United States – I don’t think the rest of the population is in agreement with that.

You can tell me – how the US will get Osama Bin Ladden?

The Pakistani government is not going to turn him over to the US army – please don’t forget Osama Bin Ladden is considered to be a “Legend” and a “Hero” in that part of the world.

version77: A country with nukes would have to have modern nukes don't you believe in order to compete with the US on that level? The nukes that Cuba would sell to Chavez would be really old nukes...

SouthAmerica: Remember the Soviet nukes that Fidel Castro have on his arsenal are vintage 1962 and probably can cause a lot more damage than in Hiroshima and Nagasaki. (These were the original nukes when they had just started that technology. A Soviet nuke vintage 1962 you can bet it is a technology light years more advanced than the technology used on the 1945 nuke.)

No one is talking about competing with the US. All you need is for one of these nukes to go off and….

Version77: As far as North Korea, they just want their money unfrozen or whatever and other financial help. At least lets hope so. Myself, I think they will come around in time. It's not like they have oil or anything.

SouthAmerica: The United States has been demoralized in every way possible by North Korea.

First, George W. Bush said that the US was not going to tolerate a North Korea armed with nukes.

The North Koreans response was: “Piss off and get lost.”

The US through the UN placed a lot of economic sanctions against North Korea.

Then the US accused North Korea of counterfeiting US currency and selling them around Asia.

If that was true then why North Korea needed so badly the $ 25 million US dollars of North Korean money that the US managed to freeze?

All North Korea had to do is make a new batch of US currency if the counterfeiting bullshit was true.

Now the US is going to give the money back to the North Koreans (the North Koreans money anyway) and the North Koreans are going to dismantle their entire nuclear technology.

Now the US wants that North Korea be a good boy and turn over also their nuclear weapons arsenal.

And we are supposed to believe on all this bullshit.

Now that the North Koreans proved to the world that they have nuclear weapons – they even had a nuclear test to show that they are for real – why the North Koreans would give up their nuclear reactor and any of their nuclear weapons?

If they need the money in such a bad way because the US was able to freeze the $ 25 million dollars of North Korean money – I am sure the North Koreans could get at least 20 times that amount from Iran – for one nuclear weapon plus enough processed uranium for the Iranians to build their own nuke.

The North Koreans also could get a large amount of oil from Iran in exchange for one of the nukes.

For all practical purposes this US nuclear negotiation with North Korea it is pure bullshit - but the American mainstream media has to play along as if we were all brain dead.

Trader1966: Pakistan started their nuclear program in response to India, not to protect itself from the United States. SouthAmerica you have no idea what you are talking about.

Pakistan has no way of delivering their nuke weaponry to a US domestic target.

SouthAmerica: I know that.

You also said: “Pakistan has no way of delivering their nuke weaponry to a US domestic target.”

The Pakistanis don’t need to deliver a direct nuclear hit into the United States – all they have to do is hit the major technological centers inside India were they have all these companies doing all kinds of work for American multinationals and you will see the damage they can cause not only to the major American companies, but also to the US economy.

If Pakistan nuked the cities were the major IT centers in India are located – Then two major events come to mind: 1) Melting US dollar and 2) Melting US stock market.

#13     Jun 24, 2007
  4. Yes, and if this even got close to happening, Iran would look just like
    Iraq does now in no time at all. Now that would be funny as hell wouldn't it?

Another good reason to vote for a Republican President in 2008.

A Democratic President would be too damn wimpy to do anything about it.

Especially Al Gore. All he can talk about is something about globular warming
    or something stupid. Maybe it was goobular. Or glubuis. Gloopy?

Dems are a bunch of wussies. Jimmy Carter comes to mind for some reason...:p

#14     Jun 24, 2007
  5. Pakistan has no way of delivering their nuke weaponry to a US domestic target.

SouthAmerica: I know that.

You also said: “Pakistan has no way of delivering their nuke weaponry to a US domestic target.”

The Pakistanis don’t need to deliver a direct nuclear hit into the United States – all they have to do is hit the major technological centers inside India were they have all these companies doing all kinds of work for American multinationals and you will see the damage they can cause not only to the major American companies, but also to the US economy.

If Pakistan nuked the cities were the major IT centers in India are located – Then two major events come to mind: 1) Melting US dollar and 2) Melting US stock market.

. [/B][/QUOTE]Well I think it is safe to say the stock market is going to take a big hit if anyone lights off a nuke for any reason.

So you think Pakistan would nuke India to get at Dell's call center ? I think Pakistan would come out worse in that exchange.

#15     Jun 24, 2007
  6. .

Version77: Yes, and if this even got close to happening, Iran would look just like
    Iraq does now in no time at all. Now that would be funny as hell wouldn't it?

Another good reason to vote for a Republican President in 2008.

June 24, 2007

SouthAmerica: The Republicans are just talk and no action – unless there is a very weak enemy that they think that they can beat in the battlefield – Grenada, and Panama comes to mind.

When North Korea told the Bush administration to stick up their ,,, all their tough talk – the bush administration started saying that it was a mistake in translation.

Then the North Koreans said – It was not a mistake in translation – the Bush administration changed their tune.

The macho guys in Washington have no guts to go into Pakistan to get Osama Bin Ladden and Al Qaeda. Osama and his pals must be laughing of how wimpy the Republicans are - They are all talk and no action.

First, this Republican administration said that they would go to the gates of hell to get Osama Bin Ladden and Al Qaeda – but in practice, as long as that hell is not armed with nukes as Pakistan.

The entire world knows where Osama Bin Ladden is training his Al Qaeda group for the next attack – and the entire world also knows that the US Republican administration it doesn’t have the guts to go to Pakistan to get Osama Bin Ladden.

In a Nutshell: the Republicans have zero credibility as the tough guys.

Osama Bin Ladden attacked the symbol of American capitalism in New York City and the entire world knows where to find Osama Bin Ladden other than the "Wimp Republican" administration in Washington DC.

Trader1966: So you think Pakistan would nuke India to get at Dell's call center ? I think Pakistan would come out worse in that exchange.

SouthAmerica: The CEO’s of “GE”, “P&G”, and “IBM” – just to mention a few names – would tell you that if a few nukes landed on these cities in India the impact on the US economy would be a little more than the loss of a Dell's call center.

If you think that (the result would be just the loss of a Dell's call center) then you don’t understand how the world economy works today.

#16     Jun 24, 2007
  7. SA... You are so nuts it isn't even funny. Defending the weeny Democrats
    when you say you are an Independant voter?...

The North Koreans are backing down off of their high chair as far as
    building nukes and you know it. Duh...

So you think we should go into Pakistan to get Bin Laden when Pakistan has nukes?

Have you lost your frickin' mind? Why in the hell do that for just one
    Muslim fanatic fruitcake? There are many more than him and we
    are killing lots of them in Iraq as we speak. It's a good thing!

Do you really think the Democrats would do anything about anything
    in Iran, Pakistan, or Korea? Their upcoming platform is all about
    "no war, just peace" which is why dumbass Kerry lost the
    election. The people of the USA do not want a weenie roast President
    and that is why a Republican will win the White House again in 2008!

I guess you missed the Jimmy Carter sentence about how much of
    a weenie he was during the Iran hostage crisis. As soon as Reagan
    got in they folded like the punks they really are.

Osama is old news now so who gives a crap whether we get him.
    You must be smart enought to realize we don't need to get that old
    bastard now.

Bigger things to do than to go for just one old tired has been...

We are over there right now in the terroris't face. Great huh!

We are there for the long haul. Bin Laden invited us over to stay for
    a long time. Soon we will be building missle bases in Europe right
    across the street from the wimpy Russians. Funny huh?

Thank goodness for the Republicans. They have balls.

The Democrats would still be licking theirs. Thank goodness Al Gore
    or Ketchup Kerry didn't get into office. Both are wimps compared to GWB.

GWB will be forever known as the "President who took it to them".

While Clinton will be forever known as a well... nobody I guess... LOL...

#17     Jun 24, 2007
  8. .

Version77: The North Koreans are backing down off of their high chair as far as building nukes and you know it. Duh...

So you think we should go into Pakistan to get Bin Laden when Pakistan has nukes?

June 25, 2007

SouthAmerica: The North Koreans are just playing along with the Bush administration – they are not going to give up their nuclear weapons program.

Are you kidding?

You have to be very gullible to believe that the North Koreans are going to dismantle their nuclear program and that they would turn over their nuclear weapons arsenal.

The only thing that I can do is laugh about when the American mainstream media talks about this BS.

The North Koreans know that they can keep the BS going until Bush and his pals are gone – and the new Al Gore administration takes over in January of 2009.

George Bush said that he would go to the gates of hell to get Osama Bin Ladden.

Let me refresh your mind a little because it seems to me that you don’t remember an important fact: “ Osama Bin Ladden was the mastermind of 9/11 (that attack on US soil on the buildings in New York City) – you give me the impression that you forgot completely that Osama Bin Ladden was responsible for that attack against the United States.”

You are telling me let’s forget all these facts since George W. Bush and his Republican pals are a bunch of pussies who are afraid to go after the person who caused so much damage to the United States.

The lesson that the Bush administration is teaching to the rest of the world is: you can attack the United States and cause a lot of damage and you can get away with because the Americans don’t have the guts of going after you if you take refuge in Pakistan.

I did not use the word hide – I used the word take refuge. Hide imply that the United States can’t find Osama Bin Ladden because he is hiding and no one knows where he is.

Take refuge implies that the entire world knows where he is (I guess even the Bush administration) and that the Pakistani government is protecting him.

You also said: “Have you lost your frickin' mind? Why in the hell do that for just one Muslim fanatic fruitcake? There are many more than him and we are killing lots of them in Iraq as we speak. It's a good thing!”

What you consider a fanatic fruitcake – the rest of the Arab world consider a “Legend” and the person responsible for 9/11 – and his “Legend” is growing even further because the United States knows where he is and the US does not have the guts to go to Pakistan and get Osama Bin Ladden.

Osama Bin Ladden is showing to the world – you can inflict heavy damage to the United States and the Americans will find all kinds of excuses to let you off the hook.

Regarding Iraq the only thing that the entire world is learning is how completely incompetent the US became almost overnight – since January 2001.

Osama Bin Ladden has a major ally in his favor; the incompetence of the Bush administration.

version77: Do you really think the Democrats would do anything about anything in Iran, Pakistan, or Korea?

SouthAmerica: Yes, such as leave these people alone and the Democrats should put all its attention in matters that really counts such as the US healthcare system, the US crumbling infrastructure, restart the US space program, revolutionize the American economy by turning the US economy environment friendly, establish a new Marshall plan to revitalize the entire American economy, connect the entire country with high speed bullet trains – restructure the entire American economy into an economy of the future.

In a nutshell: the Democrats (meaning Al Gore) or if he is not running then an independent such as Mike Bloomberg – should concentrate in rebuilding the new United States of the 21st century – and they should leave behind that old US of the 20th century.

Bill Clinton and Al Gore had placed the US economy in the right track but we had a paradigm shift when the Bush administration took over in January of 2001 and they went back in time and instead of going into the future they turned the US economy back into the days of the cold war.

Al Gore can turn the US economy once more into the right path in the direction of the future.

Or we can have a new Republican administration that I am sure they are capable to bring the US economy back into the stone-age.

version77: Osama is old news now so who gives a crap whether we get him.

SouthAmerica: The rest of the world.

Osama Bin Ladden is the person responsible for 9/11 – and because the Bush administration is so incompetent that they can’t find even a very tall man – by the way, the only place Osama Bin Ladden it does not stand as a sore thumb is in the NBA.

Osama Bin Ladden is not old news – he is a “living symbol” of current American government complete incompetence.

Osama Bin Ladden reminds the rest of the world of how incompetent the Bush administration is.

version77: Bigger things to do than to go for just one old tired has been...

SouthAmerica: The only tired has been is the United States in this case.

Osama Bin Ladden is in Pakistan training his terrorists for the next attack – and there is nothing “a has been country” can do about it.

Osama Bin Ladden is one of the people who is credited with helping destroy the Soviets in Afghanistan in the 1980’s – Now he is doing the same thing to the United States and Americans are not even able to grasp that fact.

Osama is the David that helped destroy one superpower (The Soviet Union) and he is on his way to destroying another superpower – this time around the American superpower.

The sad part is that Americans can’t grasp that for all practical purposes the current Pakistani government can be overthrown at any time – and someone who thinks that Osama Bin Ladden is a Hero and a Legend might become the new dictator of Pakistan – and finally Osama Bin Ladden and Al Qaeda would have complete access to 100 nuclear weapons. (But this is beyond the American capability to grasp the obvious.)

version77: We are there for the long haul. Bin Laden invited us over to stay for a long time. Soon we will be building missle bases in Europe right across the street from the wimpy Russians. Funny huh?

SouthAmerica: I guess you forgot that the wimpy Russians have 162 nuclear weapons stockpiled only 90 miles from Florida for a rainy day – and these 162 nuclear warheads have been there since 1962.

version77: Thank goodness for the Republicans. They have balls.
    GWB will be forever known as the "President who took it to them".

SouthAmerica: All you have to do is ask Osama Bin Ladden and Al Qaeda on their refuge in Pakistan – how tough GWB and his Republican administration are?

Osama Bin Ladden and his Al Qaeda group must get together and laugh about how - GWB will be forever known as the "President who took it to them".

SURE!!!!!!!!!!!

#18     Jun 25, 2007
  9. .

June 30, 2007

SouthAmerica: If you can read in Portuguese then you can read all the material that A Folha de Sao Paulo published on its front page about the secret documents just released by the US government. The portion related to the United States government efforts to block the transfer of nuclear technology from Germany to Brazil in 1975. (The US government wasted a lot of time and effort on this issue.)

The documents also reveled that the US government was closely monitoring the union labor movement in Brazil.

A Folha de Sao Paulo
    June 30, 2007

“Leia a íntegra dos telegramas americanos sobre o Brasil em 1975”
    http://www1.folha.uol.com.br/folha/brasil/ult96u308455.shtml

#19     Jun 30, 2007
  10. Using the same kind of rigid logic you are using southamerica a case can be made that any country that pursues nuclear weapons should be nuked preemptively before they do so. Perhaps the powers that be should lay waste to Brazil if it develops such ambitions?

Personally I'm thankful the world isn't full of more power hungry leaders. Mankind's days are numbered should nuclear weapons start proliferating. The trigger will be some demented idiot who in a bid to boost his ego will detonate some bombs and start WWIII. Maybe it will even be accidental. In any case the less people who know the better.

Maybe it should be made policy that anyone who promotes nuclear weapons should be shot. That sounds more logical to me. Anyone care to issue a fatwa against southamerica?

#20     Jun 30, 2007