Bravo, Newt! Hope It's True.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JamesL, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

All the candidates have dirty laundry. All of them. All of us have dirty laundry as well - who among us could stand up to the scrutiny of having our lives opened like books in front of the world for all to see? I know I couldn't. There are things in my past people would jump on and go "see! look at what a (insert insult) he is!"

The question isn't about picking the candidate with no skeletons in his/her closet, but picking the candidate with the skeletons you can tolerate because you believe that person will make the right decisions for the direction of the country you would like to see (left or right). That's what people pick when they vote (or should).

in my case, I like Newt. Is he establishment? Yeah, but with the exception of Ron Paul, everyone out there is establishment. So that doesn't make Newt less desirable as a potential candidate. Does Newt have some personal stuff in his past with his wife, etc? Ayup. But look what Clinton did, and people (including myself) still think he was a good President.

In distressed times like these people are willing to overlook most of this crap and choose the candidate who will advance what they want to advance.

In my case, that is a significant attack on the Federal Reserve. Second to Paul, I think Newt would do this well - and has committed to do it.

It's almost like a race of the tallest midget.

#11     Dec 2, 2011
  2. Newt has proven that his positions are for sale imo.

Paul and Huntsman seem to be the only honest republican candidates imo

#12     Dec 2, 2011
  3. That isn't always a bad thing, Newt does have a history of being able to work with democrats, something the crazies running congress right aren't able to understand. My vote will still go to Obama though, but if he dies lose I want our country to be run by the best possible person on the other side.
    But then I could be wrong, I did vote vote for Bush.

#13     Dec 2, 2011
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

On Paul, I cannot disagree.

On Huntsman, I believe this is only because no one has dug deep enough. They would, however, if he was even a remote threat. He is not, so we will probably never know.

In regards to Paul, again, the man is the best choice. But will he be elected? That depends on how much momentum he can achieve.

However, I know for a fact that Obama can be bought as well, so given the choice between Newt and Obama, I will go with the candidate that reflects my own views more accurately. In this case, I choose Newt.

#14     Dec 2, 2011
  5. JamesL

JamesL

Freudian Slip?

#15     Dec 2, 2011
  6. :) Typing on a cracked iPhone screen, staying off ET on my trading computer.
    I think we are on our way to better times regardless of who wins the election. I don't think the fundamentalist on the right are going to get any stronger, their end is in sight. Just my opinion.

#16     Dec 2, 2011
  7. JamesL

JamesL

Then you have to be extra careful what you type on the iphone, you know, with all that tracking software and stuff. :)
    I hope both the extreme factions on either side is waning, but I have my doubts

#17     Dec 2, 2011

8. Gingrich is for sale, Paul is not

#18     Dec 2, 2011
  9. There's some dirt 'out there' already, forget exactly what it was but it was being talked about on radio I think.

#19     Dec 2, 2011
  10. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Newt is a conservative, Paul is not.

#20     Dec 2, 2011