Bravo Mr Huntsman and Dr Paul

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Dec 5, 2011.

1. yeah, Mav, keep talking man. Rush has been outed for racism many, many times.

Seriously, is this your real position?

#21     Dec 5, 2011
  2. jem

jem

I understand your point but my point is not an exaggeration...My contention is there are far fewer racists as you go up the economic ladder. Especially as a white male. White males jeopardize all they work for if they are racists.

There was a thread where we linked to the makeup of the tea party.
    Tea Party people were more educated and made more money than other political groups.

My experience is that as people make more money they become far less racist. Partly, because you can't rise up in organizations as a racist and partly because we do not see a class of people as a economic threat. I am also sure partly because those on top don't care about the color of your money as long as they get some of it.

#22     Dec 5, 2011
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

Ricter, we do. It's at every level of government including military! We use the military to subsidize the poor. We subsidize every failing industry. We bail out banks. We give out corporate welfare. And we give out aid all over the world. All of this falls under the welfare society. I'm not talking just food stamps, and medicaid here. You have to look at the big picture. As a country, we are supporting the entire world. This has to stop. Now!

#23     Dec 5, 2011
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

RCG, less then 5% of our population listens to him. More people listen to Howard Stern then Rush and I'm sure Stern has made far more racist comments then Rush.

You don't have to believe me, But I don't have a single conservative or libertarian friend that listens to Rush. In fact, i don't have a single friend that listens to AM radio. And haven't in about 15 years!!!!!!!

#24     Dec 5, 2011
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

You make an excellent point and that which I agree with. Being a racist is a huge liability to anyone of wealth. Usually only the dirt poor can get away with being racist.

#25     Dec 5, 2011
  6. Ricter

Ricter

I have no reason to believe that those expenditures (and I agree with you on some of them being unnecessary or possibly worse) are left out of the calculations for our GE/GDP figure, but left in for every other country's calculation. Foreign aid is a great example. It seems huge, until you look at it mathematically and find that, as a % of GDP, ours is not the highest.

Generosity (and keep this in mind during the holiday season, we need your sales!) is not measured by the size of the gift but by the size of the sacrifice.

#26     Dec 5, 2011
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

RCG, we are broke. You can't give what you don't have.

#27     Dec 5, 2011