Brave New World

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Neoxx, Jan 7, 2006.

1. Neoxx

Neoxx

Sorry, hanging man was my mistake (quite a few of those lately...).

Corrected myself in the next post.

The way I see it...

2 point rally started 24th Jan, culminated in a shooting star/gravestone doji on the 27th (which tested the lows of October 19th), and friday's real body was engulfed by today's red candle.

So IMHO today's candle completes the bearish engulfing pattern.

I realise I'm still new to this so please correct me if I'm wrong.

#41     Jan 30, 2006
  2. I am by no means going to correct anyone on candlesticks - and I do see you changed it to 'shooting star". just wanted to share information since you mentioned you are bearish on APOL. I still think APOL trades higher. But of course I am not thrilled by Friday's shooting star. I have a 60/55 backspread which is being held at a loss. Most likely I will roll out of Feb 60c/into March 60c IF I don't see APOL marked higher on Wednesday.

Tomorrow I am writing off no matter what happens since it is month's end - and I don't "think" we will see action in APOL (to the upside) IF ANY --- until start of February. My target is 62+.

I still have the "option" of selling (more) Feb55c thereby creating a bear (call) spread - but right now I am sticking with my premise that APOL --having underperformed the market in JAN-- will head back to the gap from 1/12/06 when Nelson resigned - in FEB.

icE
    :cool:

#42     Jan 30, 2006
  3. Neoxx

Neoxx

Thanks for the heads-up.

Your analysis and the piercing line on the weekly chart point up.

But I'm still concerned by the bearish engulfing and impending crossover to the downside of the 20-week SMA below the 200-week SMA.

I might just sit on the sidelines with this one.

#43     Jan 30, 2006
  4. one more thing

as far as overhead resistance from a prior low-- I would submit that said resistance is the 59-60 level established 1/3/06- and not the prior October low that you opined. JMHO

#44     Jan 30, 2006
  5. that's not a completely bad idea ---

however you obviously need to follow your own ideas - and I'll concede it would not surprise me for APOL to trade to 50.

At least your idea is with the trend whereas mine is against.

#45     Jan 30, 2006
  6. Neoxx

Neoxx

I agree.

59 looks as though it will pose a far more resilient barrier than 57.50.

#46     Jan 30, 2006
  7. Neoxx

Neoxx

I've decided I'll learn to swim with dolphins before I scuba-dive with sharks :p

#47     Jan 30, 2006

8. i.e. near the gap resistance

#48     Jan 30, 2006
  9. well said...! Your (seemingly) flexible attittude and ability to introspect should serve you well.

one more-- if you have time - take a look at DNA

would be interested in your analysis of whether you see DNA trading >90 in next 5 days

I'm positioned

+ march 85c
    - feb 90c
    + march 100 c

#49     Jan 30, 2006
  10. Neoxx

re: APOL

see the candle from 1/23/06 on the weekly? THAT is an engulfing candle- non?

Now the key question is (i.e. for confirmation) --- was that a KEY reversal - i.e. was that volume sufficient to constitute such a reversal OR was it just a head-fake to distribute?!

:confused:

#50     Jan 30, 2006