Brainmaker

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by mccmatthew, Jun 27, 2002.

1. I came across this interesting site that sells a base neural software for under 200 and it gives examples of firms and ways to implement there software for financial use .

My question is has anyone had any experience with this particular company or any others that sell neural software for development of a neural system.

And any experience with the development of a neural base system.

Thank you,
    Matt

2. well, i bought it about 10 years ago. I didn't know they were still out there.

I couldn't make any sense out of it but that is owing to my own ignorance.

Once (years later) I pulled it out of the box in the utility room to revisit it, and the big floppies were bad. They happily sent me replacements at no charge.

I still couldn't make any sense out of it and didn't really want to invest the time to do it, because I knew if I did, I would be dazzled by all the possibilities and get sidetracked. Also my philosophy on automation has changed dramatically since then.

I think it's tempting to treat neural nets as a 'black-box' and I just don't like that idea.

I do hope you'll keep us informed of your progress with it.

3. Did you end up doing anything in the field of neural systems.

4. I edited my post and may have answered that question. In short, no.

5. What do you intend to use brainmaker for?

6. To start a base for maybe a neural system.

7. I spent a lot of time working on them when they were the "big new thing". Some colleagues employed an AI expert who spent a year developing trading systems and he could not come up with anything reliable. I also had some involvement with another group that was headed by a very well credentialled NN expert who were trading private money on NN models. They slowly lost money and folded.

Building and understanding NN models is a very time consuming process, so most people end up doing hundreds or thousands of hours of research before finally realising it is not practical. My advice would be not bother with it.