Brain Teaser for Prop Interview

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by HansMoleman, May 23, 2013.

1. Maybe they are looking for the ones that say truthfully ," I don't know".

This to me would be proving they easily admit they are wrong and a trait they would like to see in a trader.

The whole thing is, some employers ask questions or surveys with a straight forward agenda, others have some witty scheme behind the questions. So telling the truth or trying to BS in an interview can go either way for ya. Bottom line , you have to feel out the interviewer and see if you two connect in a way that'll get you hired. Try to find some common ground and seem likable to the person.

#11     May 24, 2013
  2. one time I got in a bad accident, and woke up in an ambulance.

They asked me what day it was, and I answered, "December."

They said, "That is what month it is, but what day is it?"

I figured I had one out of seven chances so I just said, "Wednesday?"

#12     May 24, 2013
  3. one time when I was in junior high school, I ended up in the spelling bee

I had to get on stage and made it pretty far

Then they gave me a word, and for the life of me I couldn't hear the word

I asked them to repeat it until they said, "You are out of repeats."

I just figured, "Well, a lot of words begin with "S"

so on my last try I said, "S"

and the whole audience of fellow students, erupted in laughter

#13     May 24, 2013
  4. manhole covers can't fall in on themselves, and don't need to be lined up correctly (saving time as well).

gov't question to a friend of mine...

I would answer, 'I have no time for this stuff...now get me coffee!!!'

they want to make you feel dumb initially.....to then make you think you got a job that was difficult. then you realize you work with morons...

lol...

so forget it....just get out there and trade 10 ES and make bank.

#14     May 24, 2013
  5. well, they could make them a little more curvy, to accommodate sexual diversity in the work place

#15     May 24, 2013
  6. I don't know what I was planning to do if I hit "S" right

I guess try a vowel

it's hard to spell a word when you don't know what it is

but that doesn't mean you should give up trying

it wasn't like they made me pay for every wrong guess

the worst I could do was walk off flat

(and that is what I did)

#16     May 24, 2013
  7. the1

the1

They aren't interested in the answer you give them, it's your ability to think critically to arrive at the answer. For example, I was asked what the surface area of the John Hancock was. I went about it estimating the length and width of the building, relative to a football field. Then, I estimated the building at being 100 stories high * 10 ft per story then multiple that by the length of your football fields, converted to ft. Multiply that by 2 and then repeat for the other two sides. Don't forget the top of the building. Then, the building gets thinner the higher it goes higher so I shaved off 10% from my answer and gave him a number. I then asked him if he wanted me to include the surface area for the two attennas. He just smiled. Hell if I know how close I was to the answer and hell if he cared. He just wanted to know if I could think critically and quickly.

Distance from Chicago to Rome. Chicago to New York = 1000 mi. How many of those fit in the Atlantic? How far is Rome from the west coast of Europe.

I was asked a bunch of questions like that, such as how many marbles were in a jar that was on the other side of the room. I couldn't leave my seat. Then I had to take an IQ test. It's not about being right or wrong. It's about <b>how</b> you develop your right or wrong answer.

#17     May 24, 2013
  8. the1

the1

LOL. As I was typing my response I came up with 4000 miles but that would be too obvious so I made an adjustment upward to 4500 with 2.25's of 1000 miles in the Ocean and 1.25's of 1000 miles in Europe to end at 4500. Pretty close, eh? See above post.

#18     May 24, 2013
  9. so like I said, the correct answer is, "Why do you want to know?"

#19     May 24, 2013
  10. Well Oldtime, at least you did a little better than this guy.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GoN-8RQz-uc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#20     May 24, 2013