Bracket orders made the difference

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by Jdesey, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Jdesey

Jdesey

First off I'm so glad I found this form. I have nobody to talk toabout trading. Even my friends that think their experienced inestors can't understand a short!

Please. Send your resume and I will call you on Monday

This type of execution they not be for everybody but I hope it helps. Good trading to you

comagnum likes this.
  2. comagnum

comagnum

I really like bracket orders as well along with chart trading where you can see the brackets on the chart with the profit target & stop in $.

3. Overnight

Overnight

Brackets are not for the timid, especially in the major futures. Good luck to you.

wrbtrader likes this.
  4. jsmacksem

jsmacksem

Can you elaborate?

When we say brackets, are we referring to bracket entries---meaning there is a sell and a buy in the market at the same time--or bracket management--there is an OCO after entry that provides a hard stop and a target?

I use the latter For all trades as a swing trader because I'm not in front of screen all day.

5. Jdesey

Jdesey

I mean the second example you gave. So there's automatically two orders after my entry. One for profit and one for stop. And yes once executed one cancels the other

jsmacksem likes this.
  6. algofy

algofy

I'm not sure I get this thread.

7. Jdesey

Jdesey

It's simple. Just explained how OCO limit orders changed it all fir me.

8. Overnight

Overnight

It is like a wiser trader than I once said..."It is an order-entry solution." But it does not proscribe a solution for the exit.

jsmacksem likes this.
  9. Jdesey

Jdesey

no actually it does. This was one of my biggest mistakes of the past.... a failure to take a profit and exit. This type of order gives me an automatic exit at a predetermined price. When the VIX is 12 or less I do 3 points on the exit, I always use 2 points on the stop. This is what works for me.

VPhantom likes this.