Braceletgate: The Soldier Obama Couldn't Remember

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Pa(b)st Prime, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Wow, we should trust the ex-husband's words that everything he says about her is truth, knowing how divorces are...

2. Is there any verification to this story from "Newsbusters" which quotes an email from a third party?

3. No we shouldn't. Not all the facts are yet in.

What I'm actually more curious about is the question, "does Obama typically where the bracelet or was it a debate prop?" If indeed he does wear it each day his difficulty recalling Ryan Jopek's name was certainly a senior moment...

4. Obviously you didn't watch the debate. I did. Here are the exact words Obama said,

"I've got a bracelet, too, from Sergeant - from the mother of Sergeant Ryan David Jopeck, sure another mother is not going through what I'm going through."

Watch the video youself. Obama didn't "fumble" for the name. He started to say Sergeant when he meant to say "mother of Sergeant" so he corrected himself.

And yes, he has been wearing that bracelet all the time but never mentioned where it came from. The debate was the first time he mentioned it.

5. Do I need it? She's listed in a public directory......

6. A lot of people are listed in the public directory, that doesn't mean they want their name and telephone number blasted acros an internet trading blog.

But no worries ... Obama is coming on strong ...

#10     Sep 28, 2008