BPtrader's journal of thoughts on trading

Discussion in 'Journals' started by BPtrader, Sep 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This thought has been on my mind for a long time: the reason for a trader's failure is the same reason for his success.

That is very very deep.

#11     Sep 30, 2009
  2. Fear and greed are perhaps the most talked about reasons for a trader's failure, yet they are perhaps the most misunderstood words in trading.

I went to a bookstore, walked over to the investment shelf, picked up a day trading book, opened the book, and this sentence jumped into my eyes: "Don't trade with fear."

Most readers will probably instantly agree.

Well, I don't, because there is no such a thing called fear. If there isn't fear, you need to find something/someone else to blame for your failure.

#12     Oct 1, 2009
  3. #13     Oct 2, 2009
  4. Today I met an enemy at the front door, knocked him down, but the back door enemies were too strong for me, there were three of them, I was held back for some time, then fought my way through with a medium size wound.

I came back a few times, kicked down the front door enemy, but was always scared by the back door enemies. I did snatch some medicine to cover my wound, though.

At least I got to know my enemies better. I will find a better weapon tomorrow.

#14     Oct 5, 2009
  5. I just found out today that I only have one enemy.

I didn't know him very well, the image was vague in my mind, the image of a fleeting monster. I didn't want to see the monster, I was trying to avoid him subconsciously. I know this enemy has scared me for years, but I hated to confront him. I know he is very very scary.

I have delayed confronting this monster for too long. By accident I caught a glimpse of this enemy today. He is indeed scary, he was laughing at me while I was paralyzed out of fear. I couldn't move, I couldn't lift my hand, I couldn't lift my finger, then I saw this monster looking at me, laughing at me.

Finally, I saw the monster.

Strangely enough, I feel relief. But will I be able to fight the monster? I don't know. Maybe I know, but I don't want to claim victory before the battle begins.

#15     Oct 7, 2009
  6. Redneck

Redneck

BP,

You fight the monster – the monster will win – trust me…

Instead turn that monster into your best friend Sir – get to know him better – talk to him – and especially listen to him :)

Just mho Sir

Regards

RN

#16     Oct 7, 2009
  7. You want to become a trader and make money, right?

OK, you've started with a problem. It's going to haunt you for a long time.

#17     Oct 9, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.