Bp

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by LVtrader35, Nov 17, 2007.

1. I think the op is looking for a firm that will pay him at least 50k salary for simply showing up and banging the buy / sell keys a few times a day.

Bonus to be paid monthly for the best epithets hurled during drawdowns.

[​IMG]

#21     Nov 18, 2007
  2. akeyla

akeyla

I've gone through all the threads on the subject and my opinion hasn't changed one bit and yes I do form opinions based on a firm's website. You say they are a good shop. I'll take that with a grain of salt. Have you ever traded with them? If so let us know. From what I can gather they are desperately looking for traders or even those that are not traders but want to trade.

#22     Nov 19, 2007
  3. my2cts

my2cts

Just to chime in on the subject. Avatar offered me a great deal to trade with them. I left my old firm, and haven't had one regret. Ray and Omar seem to have a managerial style that is unlike I have witnessed with other trading companies. Truley it feels like the trader comes first and they want to establish a long term relationship with their traders. I could be wrong as I don't trade in the office with them I trade remote. However, every experience I have had with them has been a positive one, mostly via telephone. Regardless of all the other stuff at the end of the month.... the check clears.

#23     Mar 23, 2008
  4. Surdo

Surdo

What is a fair amount to pay for a desk with screens in NYC?
    I have my own capital and would trade on my platform with my broker.

#24     Apr 4, 2008
  5. cstfx

cstfx

In hindsight, yes. In searching for some trading space when first started, I was being quoted amts up to 3x what they were asking. (about 1-1.5/mth)

I am sure you have seen the website so you have an idea of the space - typical NYC loft: long rectangular full floor.

If you want Ray's direct number, pm me. He has a bunch of guys trading their own thing there. I have a feeling with overrides ending, their business model may change from prop to arcade.

#25     Apr 4, 2008