Bp

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by LVtrader35, Nov 17, 2007.

1. I am looking for 20:1 as a min but more would be a plus.

I do not hold overnight positions.

I do not have S7.

Thanks _

#11     Nov 18, 2007
  2. cstfx

cstfx

I'm curious as to who gave nyx 160:1 leverage for his trading. He mentions his deal but doesn't put forth the firm.

#12     Nov 18, 2007
  3. I would check out star alliance capital and avatar trading. Those would be your best bet.

I will not disclose which firm I work for. The firm I work for, I have a long track record with. It is obviously one of the larger ones. I do have restrictions on the BP, my overnight is only 10:1, I can't concentrate all my BP in one position and so on, I rarely use the alloted buying power all at once. I am not on here to brag about what I make or deals I get for people that mean nothing to me. However I will be a resource to those that are serious about trading and I will lead them in the right direction. As I have been trading for 9 years.

Have a good one.

#13     Nov 18, 2007
  4. Thanks NY!

#14     Nov 18, 2007
  5. akeyla

akeyla

An excerpt from Avatar trading's FAQ -

Do I receive a salary if I trade with Avatar Trading?
    Avatar traders are paid on performance only. Compensation is based on each individual traders net profit and loss.

Doesn't sound too good.

#15     Nov 18, 2007
  6. cstfx

cstfx

If you want someone to pay you, get a job at GS or Merrill or Morgan.

Prop firms don't pay you a salary. Your compensation is based upon how well you trade when it is you who are putting up the money.

This is STANDARD.

#16     Nov 18, 2007
  7. My pleasure.

He is correct, prop trading is performanced base. I know of a firm that pays a draw towards future earnings for new traders.

Are you new to trading?

#17     Nov 18, 2007
  8. akeyla

akeyla

I know it is standard. However, there is something shady about this firm. Check out their website before you open your mouth.

#18     Nov 18, 2007
  9. I can almost assure you there is nothing shady about that firm. They pay on time, live up to their word. I would sign my name to them. I know quite a few traders there that are very happy with them, both trading remote and in office.

If you need anymore help let me know.

But listen it is your money, if you don't feel comfy with a group, don't go with them. Remember, you are the customer, they want your business, lol. Don't let that go to your head when speaking to them.

#19     Nov 18, 2007
  10. cstfx

cstfx

I don't have to. I've met the principles. I know Ray and Omar. They run an honest shop. You base your opinion of a firm just by looking at a simple website? Did you do a search here to see what others say about them before, say, you opened your mouth?

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/searc...=2064528&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

If there is something negative I find about them is that they wanted a little too much to rent desk space from them and they are rather ubiquitous in spamming, for lack of a better phrase, all over various CraigsList city sites and thru Google advertising.

Like nyx says, they are a good shop, but hey, you are welcomed to your own uninformed opinion.

#20     Nov 18, 2007