BP Oil Spill

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Kassz007, Apr 29, 2010.

1. piezoe

piezoe

While I agree wholeheartedly with your conclusion that we need to address the influence of corporations in politics, based on recent Supreme court rulings, it would seem that's going to require amending the US Constitution. Good luck with that!

#21     May 4, 2010
  2. Entire swath of the USA destroyed.

If this was CNOOC or Sinopec, Americans would be foaming at the mouth and asking Obama to declare war on China.

#22     May 27, 2010
  3. piezoe

piezoe

Is BP a corporation? If so, it is protected by the US constitution.. Is it a British corporation? Doesn't matter. ALL corporations are protected by the US Constitution.

So don't worry. BP is fully protected no matter what. The U.S. taxpayers will stand behind the Constitution and all Corporations Everywhere. Corporations and individuals have equal standing under the first amendment of the U.S. Constitution. Isn't that nice to know?

#23     May 27, 2010
  4. all i kno is that BP traded like shit today. it was shaking out all day(both ways). of course I don't know what happened after 2pm.

#24     May 27, 2010
  5. piezoe

piezoe

If the mud fails it might get to 35 or even 30. That would look mighty attractive. I didn't mean to be totally facetious when I wrote that the US Constitution protects all corporations. And should the Constitution fail to provide the necessary protection to corporations everywhere, there are bound to be enough Republican Senators to step to the plate. (The source of campaign funds must be protected no matter what! Their jobs are at stake!)

Therefore, I propose a Republican sponsored Constitution amendment that will guarantee taxpayer campaign support for all incumbent Republican Senators; sufficient to hire however many Madison Avenue liars it takes to fool the necessary number of voters. Apparently Abe had it almost right, but not quite: you only need to fool enough people to be re-elected!

#25     May 28, 2010
  6. masonyes

masonyes

The BP oil spill has already eclipsed the valdez spill and could easily become the world's largest oil spill;' BP losses will be collossal. From the loss of immediate profit from the drill; to the billions that will be spent on the clean up, to billions in government fines, to years of lawsuits and importantly negative publicity. In the past 20 years since valdez public concern for the environment has exploded; were constantly bombarded with the efforts of that community. From organic vegetables to "clean companies" to a "green economy" to colleges and corporations making efforts to be sustainable because that's what the consumer wants. It's an important value today and it's going to hurt BP in my opinion.

#26     Jun 1, 2010
  7. Does anyone think the price of the BP stock at the moment is really overdone. It's removed over 50 billion in market cap from the company and so far the spill cost BP around 1 billion last time I checked.

Is market cap a decent gauge of overall company value?

I just think the cleanup couldn't cost more then a few billion, maybe 10 or so.

Anyone else wanna share insight on true company value at BP's current state?

#27     Jun 1, 2010
  8. DT-waw

DT-waw

surprise, surprise!

in movie 'Terminator' there was a "CAUTION 9-11" on the viaduct when the track crushed in it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE2MsVaIOq0

in movie 'Fight Club' the final scene is... demollition of two tall skyscrapers
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkUaV9GZDuk&feature=related

The Simpsons Movie. "Quarantine and Kill" plot because of the.. pig.
    Two years later operation swine flu pandemic was fortunately not successful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIAJACoJ-Vc

"The Knowing" feat. Nicolas Cage. Another hollywood production.
    What's in the movie?OIL RIG EXPLOSION in Gulf of Mexico!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmgeA3dr2uY

Naahhh.. these are all just coincidences.
    -the government wants all the goodness
    -corporations are doing things from the bottom of their hearts
    -and Hollywood is all about art and positive message to the people

#28     Jun 1, 2010
  9. Supposedly SLB (Schlumberger) workers told the BP company man to seal-in the well because it was unstable at a late stage.

BP company man refused. SLB asked for helicopter to get workers off the Deepwater Horizon.

BP refused.

SLB called corporate headquarters and chartered a helicopter to evacuate their crew.

6 hours later the Deepwater Horizon blew up.

BP is criminally negligent in the deaths of 11 workers.

They will either try to seal off the well with a small nuclear device; OH, don't worry - you'll hear more about this this week and next. A relief well is two months away at least.

This will eventually force BP's bankruptcy. The boycott has already begun. MORE TO COME....

#29     Jun 1, 2010
  10. Daal

Daal

BP is probably a buy at these levels but I'm no expert

#30     Jun 1, 2010