BP Oil Spill

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Kassz007, Apr 29, 2010.

1. CET

CET

They have blow out preventors on the well head, but they are not working and they don't know why. If you don't know what you are talking about keep your yap shut. If you had a clue you would know not having BOPs is so absurd that you would not have started babbling.

#11     Apr 29, 2010
  2. spinn

spinn

it was Al Gore killing two birds with one stone. He bombed the platform, leading to global warming from fires and less offshore drilling.

#12     Apr 29, 2010
  3. 377OHMS

377OHMS

You think its funny? Sitting there in your office or living room?

11 rig worker died.

Every shrimper on the gulf coast is wondering if he is going to be in business in 3 weeks.

#13     Apr 29, 2010
  4. pspr

pspr

You idiot. They've already said they didn't have the last resort shutoff valve ( acoustic switch) installed that is required by some other countries. If you don't know what you are talking about shut your own yap and quit arguing with others smarter than you. Asshole.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704423504575212031417936798.html

#14     Apr 29, 2010
  5. I find it interesting that these types of events always seem to happen close to pivotal levels in oil and gas. What would be interesting would be seeing if there actually is a correlation and then averaging the events, and then predicting/forecasting them. If this were possible, a long time bluff would unfold.

#15     Apr 29, 2010
  6. Anybody go long crude on the news?

#16     Apr 30, 2010
  7. It's the other way 'round - oil interests are feeding (or at least trying to feed) insatiable, greedy demand from the world's consumers.

If this becomes an eco disaster (when did this rig blow up? Fed is only mobilizing full tilt *now*?) it will be a demand-created one.

#17     Apr 30, 2010
  8. JScott

JScott

Wilt,

I shorted BP . . . first time in a long time I put on a sizeable trade based purely on gut instinct. But like many things where the government is needed to help solve the problem, the problem is most likely underestimated and will take longer to solve than anticipated.

I heard a news story that said other countries require a remote shut-off valve, but the U.S. does not require it. Any knowledge on the topic?

JS

#18     May 1, 2010
  9. lack of regulatory and safety controls

Thanks to our nutgagging friends and the republicans they vote into office.

#19     May 1, 2010
  10. bro59

bro59

I can't think of a single company that has brought America more misery and grief than the shit-stained legacy of BP.

Recent disasters such as Texas City, Prudhoe, and uncountable spills on the Slope pale in comparison to the manipulations foisted on the American public by this outfit's political games. Of course the worst of it was perpetrated under a different name: Anglo-American Oil Company. If you'd really like to understand the roots of so much pain in the Mid-East then I'd recommend a little digging under key-words like "Operation Ajax" or "Mossadeq" or "Kermit Roosevelt". A good read on the subject is 'All The Shah's Men' by Kinzer.

No other company so well embodies our need not only to change our habits of consumption, but to address the influence of corporations in politics. The British may suck the American Hind Teat, but it's not just spilled milk that's at stake here.

#20     May 1, 2010