Boycott CNBC next Monday and support FBN?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by a529612, Oct 12, 2007.

Are you going to watch Fox Business News on Monday?

1. Yes

32 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. No

40 vote(s)
    55.6%
  1. That should teach those morons a lesson as they think they are the only game in town.

2. As a news organization, Fox is an embarrassment at best. In fact, the only worthwhile program on the network is The Simpsons.

LC

3. I'm certainly going to have to turn on FBC and give it a shot... maybe I'll end up switching during commercials.

4. Yeesh. I had to stop watching their Sat morning stuff, it got so moronic and politicized.
    The whole point of investing is to be objective. I can't imagine Fox even making the attempt. Succeeding in the kind of ruthless objectivity you need to survive the markets is way beyond their mental capacity.
    If it's true that Eric Bolling will be there, I'd watch him. The rest of it, forget it.

5. gaj

gaj

well, no, since i don't think my cable system carries them.

but why would i want to? the only reason i keep cnbc on is in case something important happens and briefing.com is slow, or in case someone is pumping something on there which i want to short.

fox's claims - that they'll be more positive on the market (ie. cheerleading), make business more fun - are some of the *worst* things about cnbc. taking something bad and amplifying it doesn't exactly make me want to watch it.

6. I got a hunch you're going to be completely disappointed with Fox. As I understand it it will be the business channel for the "common man". LOL. Good luck with it. Let me know how it goes.

OldTrader

7. Yes, I will give FX Business one eyeball on Monday.
    Kinda fed up with CNBC.
    All networks have a political bias and we all know Fox has theirs.

Here's to hoping they keep the biz reporting truly "fair and balanced"

8. Bloomberg is the only place to go for "real" business news. They focus on presenting the news, rather than WHO is presenting the news.

9. I can't see why any sane investor, least of all professional trader, would look to FBN for business or market related news when there's Bloomberg TV.

10. harkm

harkm

I actually like CNBC. Why all the hatred?

#10     Oct 13, 2007