Boy Who Cried Bear Says We Are Going Down

Discussion in 'Trading' started by shortie, Mar 12, 2010.

SPY Next Week

1. Bullish

28 vote(s)
    18.3%
  2. Flat

15 vote(s)
    9.8%
  3. Bearish

46 vote(s)
    30.1%
  4. I am sick and tired of you kids playing the prediction game

64 vote(s)
    41.8%
  1. At this hour, I think the market has bottomed for the day. It's a great buying opportunity for the bulls.

Break

For the bears, FXI (China) & INP (India) are deep in the hole. If the SPX finishes red again, I think this downleg is for real. YEA BABY !! :D

#51     Mar 15, 2010
  2. You can tell how bad those who are short are hurting by how cheery they get with such a minute drop. I mean 35 points down in the Dow has all the bears out saying "here it comes!" And not just on this site, either.

#52     Mar 15, 2010
  3. Ivan, you may be right about this.

My hope is on Fed. Bears pay taxes just like everybody else. About time Fed did something for the bears.

#53     Mar 15, 2010
  4. I can't believe this! I invited the bulls to buy! There's no bull buying!! :confused:

#54     Mar 15, 2010
  5. PPI and CPI also can help, if we stay down for 2 more days...

#55     Mar 15, 2010
  6. Bears bring lower stock prices. That yields a whole host of other negatives the economical misfits of this government aren't prepared to accept.

No, bears will get their day when the government can no longer manipulate.

#56     Mar 15, 2010
  7. isn't that better said : bears will get their day when the SYSTEM does no longer WANT to manipulate ....

#57     Mar 15, 2010
  8. If you prefer, sure.

The other way to look at this is this way: No one is going to risk selling because they've been burnt (or watched others get burned) each time. That's probably why you only see volume pick up as the selling intensifies. So you have to wait until the big boys start the selling waterfall. And they're not about to do it until they're done pushing it up (on no volume, because no one wants to buy at these levels).

So the path of least resistance (a slow, no-volume, algo driven churn upwards) is the most likely scenario.

So we either need the big boys to change their tune (unlikely) or a catalyst of epic proportions.

#58     Mar 15, 2010
  9. And there's the afternoon ramp up. Hope everyone bought the dip.

#59     Mar 15, 2010
  10. Yup, we'll I don't trade on gut feeling. Sorry to disappoint you.

Also, you quoted Prechter. Was that a joke or something because I missed it if it was?

#60     Mar 15, 2010