Boy Who Cried Bear Says We Are Going Down

Discussion in 'Trading' started by shortie, Mar 12, 2010.

SPY Next Week

1. Bullish

28 vote(s)
    18.3%
  2. Flat

15 vote(s)
    9.8%
  3. Bearish

46 vote(s)
    30.1%
  4. I am sick and tired of you kids playing the prediction game

64 vote(s)
    41.8%
  1. That's what I'm hoping for. Took my position Friday.
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=193604

#41     Mar 14, 2010
  2. You're all in dream land. It's possible, I suppose, but we've been here before. It always gets bid up before open.

If you guys are expecting this to fall, it won't. Not unless you get randomly lucky.

#42     Mar 14, 2010
  3. p. 25. Prechter 2nd paragraph, line 13: "a herding impulse governed by the phylogenetically ancient, pre-reasoning portions of the brain."

#43     Mar 14, 2010
  4. Aw, the futures are down. We have a nice dip for the bulls.

#44     Mar 15, 2010
  5. Yogi Berra - "It aint over 'till it's over."

#45     Mar 15, 2010
  6. Futures creeping back up again. As always.

#46     Mar 15, 2010
  7. Yes it is. These are permabear top calling threads and we've seen many of them since March last year. It shouldn't be a surpise to anybody that a lot of retail traders has been shorting this rally since day one and will most likely start buying when the bulls are over with them.

Shorts may be right this time but I think you get my point.

Best of luck to all.

#47     Mar 15, 2010
  8. It's true there have been fewer short opportunities since Feb 8th. Still many profitable moves, however, the cheerleading by a few longs would certainly fit the Prechter statement above.

GLTA

#48     Mar 15, 2010
  9. S2007S

S2007S

More strength again, financials turned lower but 10 minutes into the trading day they reversed!!!!

#49     Mar 15, 2010
  10. "cheerleading" should not be confused with "resignation" to follow the market despite how it "should" be performing. We're all aware how dismal things are on the economic front. We're all aware how bad the situation is with Greece, Dubai, Iceland, Ireland, the UK, the US, Japan, etc. We're aware of how overbought the market is. We're aware of valuations. None of it matters! It's rigged due to free money. If you're looking for a free market, it left town over a year ago. Sorry, pal!

The continued insanity of banging one's head against the bear wall just because the market HAS to do "something" is just that - insanity. Just continue to ride the market up and make money until you don't. I'd rather have 200 winning days and one loss than 200 losing days with one win just to say "See? I told you."

What part of manipulated is so hard to understand?

Hope everyone bought the "dip"!

#50     Mar 15, 2010