Boy Set On Fire: Missouri Police Search For Two Suspects In Possible Hate Crime

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Trader666, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Boy Set On Fire: Missouri Police Search For Two Suspects In Possible Hate Crime
    First Posted: 03/ 5/2012 12:10 pm
    Updated: 03/ 6/2012 6:52 am

Two teenagers allegedly attacked a 13-year-old boy and set him on fire with gasoline in what police in Missouri are investigating as a possible hate crime.

The eighth grader was walking home from Kansas City's East High School around 3 p.m. last Tuesday when he noticed two older teens following him, KMBC reports.

"And they rushed him on the porch as he tried to get the door open," the boy's mother Melissa Coontold KCTV. "One of them poured the gasoline, then flicked the [lighter], and said, 'This is what you deserve. You get what you deserve, white boy'."

Police said that both suspects are black.

Authorities rushed the victim to Children's Mercy Hospital where doctors treated him for first degree burns to the face. Doctors are concerned about injuries to the boy's eyes and lungs, according to KTLA.

The student is now home recovering from the incident, but Coon says her family will never be the same.

"My five year old came in this morning and asked me, 'Mom, am I going to get set on fire today?' I was in tears," the mother told KMBC.

Coon said her son will not be returning to the school.

Authorities described the two suspects are about 16 years old with facial hair. One was wearing a black hooded-sweatshirt and dark sunglasses. The other wore a blue jacket, a blue winter hat and blue-green Nike Air Jordan sneakers.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/05/teenagers-set-boy-on-fire_n_1320993.html

2. pspr

pspr

Nope. Can't be a hate crime. The victim is white!!

Or maybe, soon everything will be a hate crime so we'll be back to square one where everything is the same but with harsher penalties for everything.

That is until the prisons overflow again so they have to reduce sentences to make space so we will be back at square one with just every crime beginning with the word "Hate". Like, it's a "hate beating", or it's a "hate burglary", or it's a "hate hit and run".

3. 377OHMS

377OHMS

White kid maimed by black kids?

Non-crime. Move along. These aren't the droids you're looking for.

4. 377OHMS

377OHMS

I've got the TV on and am waiting for Obama to make a statement about this. I expect he will call for more "soul searching" and immedietely initiate a DOJ investigation.

Sharpton, Jackson and Farrakhan will probably conduct a rally calling for the perpetrators to be punished. The Black Panthers will put up a bounty for the "capture" of these two black young men and threaten to riot if justice is not served.

Right?

5. pspr

pspr

But didn't the black kids say the white kid deserved it. I'm sure that will be their defense if they are ever caught. (maybe the cops should look for the kids in his class at school?)

The white kid might even get charged with insighting others to violence.

6. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Well, he is white so clearly he deserved whatever happened to him. Yes, he should be charged with inciting those innocent black kids to violence or, if you will, "hate incitement". He should also be charged with burning too close to a residential structure causing a fire hazard for those inside the building.

7. its a crime and the law must take its course.

8. Did the black kids do it in self-defense?

If it was done in self-defense it was legal.

9. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Where is al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, the NAACP, and the Black Panthers demanding justice for this hate crime? Where is the reward poster demanding the arrests of the suspects?

Oh wait, the victim is white, all we will hear is ***crickets*** from these people.

10. +1

Police are searching for the suspects to arrest them,police did not let them go free

#10     Mar 26, 2012