Boy I Love Et

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Mr. Gates, Apr 28, 2008.

Should ET face boycott until they clean up the scam sponsors?

1. Absolutely YES

28 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. NO, let the newbies get fleeced

28 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Worst thread ever, at least it has a good title. Don't summon or pm me unless its serious. You boys in the sand box don't get each other to dirty.

#51     Apr 29, 2008
  2. I assume that you're referring to Bob/Gates as we've never communicated.

#52     Apr 29, 2008
  3. A wise Talmudic saying puts forth the following axiom regarding people who do a great deal of bragging:
    <i>"A bottle with only a few coins in it makes a great deal of noise when you shake it.... but a bottle that's completely full makes almost no sound at all."</i>

For the most part, this is a highly accurate statement. However; highly successful traders with massive egos are a notable exception to this rule. Rowshan/ Gates certainly falls into that category, because I know for a fact that <b>he really is</b> one of the most successful traders on ET!

#53     Apr 29, 2008
  4. All this from the guy that has had a dozen or so aliases on ET over the past 5 years . . . and ripped me for criticizing Baron and ET for allowing the quality of content to deteriorate just for the sake of web-hits and generating web activity that will cater to potential advertisers.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=125189&perpage=6&pagenumber=1

Congratulations!
    :D

#54     Apr 30, 2008
  5. Yes I have absolutely been debating this for a while but fighting against it is absolutely hopeless.

In the end, they are all after the same goal, money.

Susana

#55     May 1, 2008
  6. Sorry, though you are often a credible presence here, I consider people who make statements like that as a waste of flesh.

If it talks like an idiot and quacks like an idiot, then...

#56     May 3, 2008
  7. rcanfiel, you're certainly one to talk about making idiotic statements. You made so many idiotic statements under your previous username that you were forced to re-register, thinking that no one would find out and that you could get some credibility back.

It's ill-conceived posts like this one that got you in trouble in the past. Try a bit harder next time.

#57     May 3, 2008
  8. If people who constantly brag about their supposed 'greatness' are <b>always</b> full of shit, how do you explain Muhammad Ali?

#58     May 4, 2008
  9. The difference here is that we could clearly verify Muhammad Ali's greatness.

I can imagine getting on an internet website and starting flame wars and making Landis/Rcanfield/Robbie upset. It can be entertaining...however, I cant imagine coming on an internet website to boost your ego.

If you need to come on here and either 1) lie about your trades or 2) brag about your trades/wealth so that your ego is boosted then you clearly need some professional help.

#59     May 4, 2008

10. The poor guy is punch drunk now, he is the greatest-
    example of why boxing is retarded.

Now for a great idea, how about putting a log out button at the bottom of any given page/forum?

I frequently log in, skim through forums for new posts/threads or whatever, and, discovering to my astonishment , i have to reverse out, and then scroll to the top of the main page again to logout. Its a bit of a pain.

Good idea, no?

#60     May 4, 2008