Boy asks for job, then shoplifts from same store

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Nov 23, 2011.

1. pspr

pspr

Sorry, when I first glanced at your post that date popped out to me as 1896 and I thought it was funny. Actually, I'm the old one here. (but not that old)

#11     Nov 23, 2011
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

I was working 40 hour weeks during Summer break at age 14.

#12     Nov 23, 2011
  3. Crispy

Crispy

No worries. :D

#13     Nov 23, 2011
  4. Max E.

Max E.

Me too, and atleast 20-30 hours a week during the school year. And i was reffing hockey games from the time i was 11 or 12 for 15 bucks a game, until i could find an actual job. Then you have these people in the Occupy movement who have never even held a meaningful job and they are like 25 and think society should take care of them.

It sure is a good thing liberals got rid of that evil child labour, otherwise society society would really be messed up.

#14     Nov 23, 2011
  5. At 12 I had a weekly paper route, couldn't deliver the daily paper till 14, then @ 14 had a daily route, @16 I was working in a restaurant (steak house mnnnnn..) bought a fake ID and hit the bars. :cool:

I still have my fake ID, it's so gay, I got this little "pussy bumper" moustache. lmao

#15     Nov 23, 2011
  6. Pay me now or pay me later

#16     Nov 23, 2011
  7. wjk

wjk

I looked for and returned pop bottles to the grocer when I was around 9 or 10. The big bottles were a prize as they brought in a little more. I think the smallest ones were only worth .02 back then. Late 60's, early 70's.

#17     Nov 23, 2011
  8. pspr

pspr

Got you all beat. A friend and I used to go catch fish then take them to the local bar on our bicycles and sell them to the drunks so they could go home and tell their wives they were just out fishing.

#18     Nov 23, 2011
  9. Yeah but that was back during the great depression before they had child labor laws.

:D :p :D

#19     Nov 23, 2011
  10. So one kid comes home from school and asks me if I want to donate for some "charitable" cause they are trying to raise funds for at school.

Me being "Father Prick" asks "How about you doing some chores and I'll pay you and you can donate the F'n money you earned?"

Well this approach has never worked, never.

She said "One girl raised $150 dollars".

I said she should be a professional "beggar".

Not much sweat goes into asking people for money,

#20     Nov 24, 2011