Boy asks for job, then shoplifts from same store

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Nov 23, 2011.

1. Max E.

Max E.

This kid will end up being a future OWS protester for sure. He will complain that the corporate fat cats wont hire him, because he went in to apply for a job, and walked out with a 129$ gun.

I love his nonchalant attitude about the whole thing.

A Santa Clarita teenager applying for a job at a hobby shop dropped off his resume then grabbed a $129 Airsoft gun and strolled out the door, police said Tuesday.

The 17-year-old, whose name was not released because he's underage, explained his thinking this way:

“Honestly, I wasn't planning on stealing anything," he told KTLA-TV. "I was actually trying to get a job. And... what can I say? I'm a teenager, that's stupid.”

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/11/santa-clarita-teenager-shoplifts.html

2. Well it's much easier for a 17 yo to get the court record "sealed" than giving the kid a job.

Why aren't there any jobs for kids under 18? Where do you expect them to get money to buy stuff?

Any store that sells lotto or beer cannot/won't employ people under 18 because of various laws..

3. Max E.

Max E.

You can thank big government and child labour laws for that, When i was 14 i had a job at a gas station, and i love it, that wouldnt be allowed now.

4. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nutmeg, my brother really want to have work after high school. He want to save money for the community college first year when he start. So he try to many places like the fast food, gas station, and the private owned little stores. He can not find work. So he have his friend with the drivers license y together they buy the trailer to put on his truck. Then they go after high school to look for metal everywhere. They go on the river banks, to the neighborhoods on the trash nights, to industrial park. They drive and search for trash and this junk. Then they go to the scrap yard. The scrap yard weigh this and give them .14 per pound. My brother and his friend can make sometimes $200.00 to $400.00 each sometimes more in one week. So is not really big money, but is really good for high school. Then he buy the used lawn mower from the craigslist with some money he make with the scrap metal and have 2 people he cut their grass in the summer too.

5. I am just saying to nutmeg he is right is very hard to find the job for some teenagers.

6. Crispy

Crispy

When I was 14 I worked at a beer distributor sorting cans and bottles that people turned in for the .5 refund. Filthiest job I ever had by far.

Are you telling me they dont allow kids to work anymore? Im def out of touch if thats the case.

7. Max E.

Max E.

This isnt meant as an insult but in the city i live in they now let the mentally challenged people do that work, its actually a pretty good idea, since the work is so terrible no one is willing to do it. Its actually a good job for a kid to have as it teaches them how shitty life can be if you dont do something with your life.

I think the new labour laws dont allow kids under 16 to work over a certain number of hours its something like 20 hours a week, and they dont allow kids under 16 to work with cash or alcohol or tobacco, so gas station jockey wouldnt work.

When i was 14 i worked almost full time, i was the only kid my age with money, and i loved it.

8. Crispy

Crispy

I dont take it as an insult at all. That was in 1986. It was the crappiest job I ever had. By a wide margin.

Under 16 and you cant work a summertime full time job? WTF....:eek:

9. pspr

pspr

:D :D

10. Crispy

Crispy

115 is the new 39 havent you heard?

#10     Nov 23, 2011