Boxter or Z4?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by lescor, Jul 6, 2003.

1. Exactly... Ol'Glen and his pal RS7 teeing off. Waiting for your upload, Mr. Rock Groupie.

#51     Jul 6, 2003
  2. Not a thing. Go ahead, question me as to the veracity of any statement I've made on this forum.

#52     Jul 6, 2003
  3. To get back to the original question, Boxster or Z4, I played golf with a guy who was the service manager for a local Porsche-Audi-Mercedes dealer. I told him my wife had nearly bought a boxster, and he said be glad she didn't. Apparently they are in the shop a lot. That mid-engine location sucks for a street car, you can't even check the oil.

The Z4 is a nice package, but they really don't understand their market. You can't get a set of golf clubs in the trunk, forget two sets.

The Honda is basically just a huge failure. Total failure of market research. No one will pay that money for a butt ugly glorified go kart. Interestingly, the Acura NSX was a similar failure. Not enough engine, too expensive for what it offered, very ordinary interior. Now if they took the NSX, made it a convertible, put in a V8 and priced it around 50-60 k they would own that market.

#53     Jul 7, 2003
  4. No Max, you never made a statement about yourself on this forum. You only make statements about other people.

I want answers to personal questions. That's what you want form me, so that is fair. You don't get to make the rules. You can try all you want, but it will accomplish nothing. You want to play by my rules? Answer these questions, and I will answer yours. Or meet me in person, and I will answer yours. And prove everything I have said to be true. What are you afraid of?

So, to get the ball rolling, let's start with the following:

Where do you live?

What is your age?

What is your gender?

What is your sexual preference?

Do you really live in your parent's basement?

Are you a virgin?

If not, was it consensual sex?

What kind of car do you drive?

Do you have any friends?

Have you ever been on a date?

What school do you go to? Or did you go to?

What color is your hair (if any)?

What color are your eyes?

What is YOUR telephone number (you have mine, so this is a fair question).

Do you ever trade stocks or commodities or do anything directly related to the main topic ET?

Have you ever had someone tell you that they loved you?

Have you ever told anyone you loved them?

Do you consider yourself normal?

What are your hobbies?

Do you have any pets? If so, what kind?

What is the highest level of education you have achieved, and where?

Name one friend if you have one.

Have you ever been arrested?

Do you have a securities license?

Do you have a job?

Do you have a family?

Are you ever going to come and take me up on dinner and drinks?

What is your name?

RS

#54     Jul 7, 2003
  5. Finally I find myself in total agreement with you.

#55     Jul 7, 2003
  6. Man.... you are one sick puppy.

#56     Jul 7, 2003
  7. Chicks will dig the Boxter more...

One vote for Boxter

#57     Jul 7, 2003
  8. AAA, I had heard the same thing about the Boxster and it's poor service record.

As for the golf clubs....this was a concern of mine, and I actually brought my clubs with me to the dealer to see if they would fit before I bought the car. I was disappointed at first. I could only get my bag in if I took out the driver and lay it diagonally across the top of the bag. It wasn't ideal, but I figured I could live with it in a pinch. (I can usually use my wife's Durango). But I was just unlucky. The trunk seemed symmetrical to me, but someone told me on a BMW Z4 site (http://bimmer.roadfly.org/bmw/forums/e85/forum.php) that the trick was to put the heads of the clubs to the right. I had them to the left.

For some reason, that site right now seems to be down. It was up just an hour or so ago. On the site, you can see I posed the golf club question. (As RS711). I got my response, and also, photos of how some guy DID get two sets in. I still find it amazing despite the photos, but I will give it a try when I get the chance. Looks like he had one set more or less on top of the other. No way can they be side by side. But the trunk is pretty deep, so I have to believe it's possible. My son's bag is slightly smaller than mine, so if it worked for the guy on the site with the pictures, I suppose it should work with my bag and my son's

Peace,
    :)RS

#58     Jul 7, 2003
  9. I think you could be questioned concerning the veracity of statements in the past regarding your denial that you are an internet stalker obsessed with RS.

#59     Jul 7, 2003
  10. I'm obsessed? Jeez, I didn't inquire whether he's a virgin, his sexual preference, nor hair and eye color. And I haven't begged to break bread in every other post. But I'm obsessed? Sheeesh!

Hope that answered your "question."

#60     Jul 7, 2003