boxing and trading- a classic fight..

Discussion in 'Trading' started by THECOLONEL, Sep 19, 2011.

1. ...LOL...:D

I ain't gay but yeah I put gloves on... I never trained as a boxer specifically. I trained in MMA... I'm still in great shape but I haven't sparred in a really long time. I follow both boxing and MMA...

I'm looking forward to the October 1st, fight... Martinez vs. Barker...

#21     Sep 21, 2011
  2. I boxed a long damn time ago and I don't see any similarity to trading.

#22     Sep 21, 2011
  3. the only similarity could be if you could prepare yourself for the 10-15 setup a year,you`d be the absolute champ trader.you can`t fight every damn minute or hour.no one can!!!

#23     Sep 22, 2011
  4. MMA is good,much better then boxing alone.I played ice MMA :D for 4 years and then spent 8+ years in the boxing gym.I`m not in great shape,though and don`t wanna be :D fuck this sport,i`m sick and tired of it by now...who gives a caca about the shape anyway...

#24     Sep 22, 2011
  5. Yeah...:D What's the deal with hockey anyway...? It's getting ridiculously violent...

As for boxing and trading... You have to plan, roll with the punches and adjust that's the only similarity.

Poker is far more similar to trading than probably anything else out there... I used to play online before the shit hit the fan with the poker websites.

#25     Sep 22, 2011
  6. jsp326

jsp326

Watch a really good counterfighter like Jimmy Young in boxing (way back in the 70s) or Lyoto Machida or Anderson Silva in MMA.

They patiently wait for openings, avoid getting hit very often and wait for low-risk, high-reward opportunities to strike.

Contrast that to brawling fighters, whose "I'll KO him or he'll KO me" is an all-or-none, risk everything for a big win approach.

If you don't see the analogy, my guess is you don't trade at all or don't trade successfully.

#26     Sep 22, 2011
  7. That's true as well...

BTW... Anderson Silva is a circus freak...!

True pound for pound the best in the UFC, with the best record in the UFC, 14 straight wins. The best record in MMA goes to Fedor "The last Emperor" Emelianenko with 26 straight wins (one being a no contest, so you can call it 25 ). That being said the guy (Silva) is a complete and total clown in the octagon. I doubt he will ever touch Emelianenko's record. I can't believe fighters fall for his crap. He isn't even difficult to figure out. You see everybody who fights him freeze up like a deer caught in the headlights because he starts to dance around in the octagon like a raver having a seizure. I was disgusted with everyone of his fights that I watched.

#27     Sep 22, 2011
  8. jsp326

jsp326

Yeah, Machida is a better example of an efficient counter-fighter. Silva is a showboat, but good enough to get away with it.

To me, Fedor is like a once-great trader who refuses to evolve his game or face the realities of fighting (or the market). Other fighters have gotten better and there are now really big, skilled heavyweight fighters (the big guys used to be freak shows attractions). Fedor still tries to win by beating his opponents at their own strengths. That used to work, though it was never the most efficient approach.

It's like a trader who continues to lose, hoping his strategy that worked great in 2006 will start working again, though he's in a deep drawdown.

#28     Sep 22, 2011
  9. Fighting is man against man trading is not. The younger, stronger faster fighter kicks the other fighters ass no matter how patience he is. I see the analogy I just don't think it's a good one, much better analogies out there.

#29     Sep 24, 2011
  10. #30     Sep 24, 2011